Bergara Ridge 6.5 CM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergara Ridge 6.5 CM

Just picked up a Bergara Ridge 6.5 cm with a 18" barrel. I will be running this gun suppressed. For the guys who are running the particular gun and caliber, what's the best hunting round yall have found that shoots accurate out of the Bergara barrels? Thanks

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
    Just picked up a Bergara Ridge 6.5 cm with a 18" barrel. I will be running this gun suppressed. For the guys who are running the particular gun and caliber, what's the best hunting round yall have found that shoots accurate out of the Bergara barrels? Thanks
    Mine loves the nosler 140gr ballistic tips and hates 130gr bullets. Haven't shot mine enough to figure out what all it likes and hates but the 2 different types of 130's it hated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

About anything that weighs 140gr. My Bergara HMR don't like the lighter bullets. It struggles to get sub MOA accuracy with them. One these days I'm gonna load up some 153gr pills to try. With the 140 VLD bullets 800 yds on 8" steel target is a piece of cake.

Comment

I purchased the same gun but in a 300 win mag in December. Currently waiting on my suppressors like everyone else as ATF is moving slow as per protocol. I e-mailed Bergara and got a response in the same day for this exact question. Email is: contact@bpiguns.com.

They sent me a list of every caliber they have with recommended ammunition and looking at it now they recommend for the 6.5 Creedmoor:

Hornady 140gr. ELD Match & Hornady 143 Gr. ELD-X

Hope this helps.

Comment

I get better accuracy with 120 gr than I do with 130's but 140 seems to be consistent at .5" to .75" @100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
            I have the same w/ the 18" barrel. I followed the break in procedure in the user manual and had really good results. I finished up with a clean. target and the Hornady PH 143g.
            Attached Files

Comment

143gr ELD-X ����

Comment

Originally posted by NKL View Post
                143gr ELD-X ����

I don't know. I just copied and pasted from the list Bergara gave me.

Comment

Appreciate the feed back.

Comment

I bought one a month or so ago. All I have had time to do is barrel break in. I had a bunch of 130 Sierra game changers. Used varget for powder and did 10 rounds each of varying powder charges. Figured while doing break in I would at least get a little data out of it....knowing it could/ would change once break in was done. Took 3 shots to get the scope dialed in, then all the rest of the break in rounds were just over an inch and a half at 100 yards. I had a half a box of factory 143 eldx so once I got done with break in I shot 4 of those at a new target. POI was the same at the 130's and grouped right at 1/2”. This is my second Bergara and I am 1000% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      I bought one a month or so ago. All I have had time to do is barrel break in. I had a bunch of 130 Sierra game changers. Used varget for powder and did 10 rounds each of varying powder charges. Figured while doing break in I would at least get a little data out of it....knowing it could/ would change once break in was done. Took 3 shots to get the scope dialed in, then all the rest of the break in rounds were just over an inch and a half at 100 yards. I had a half a box of factory 143 eldx so once I got done with break in I shot 4 of those at a new target. POI was the same at the 130's and grouped right at 1/2”. This is my second Bergara and I am 1000% satisfied.
                      Thank you sir. I was leaning towards running with a factory load. Either the Nosler 140 grain BT or the Hornady sst

Comment

My b-14 ridge build loves the 140g Hornady American Gunner and the 142g Nosler ABLRs from the Winchester Expedition line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                          I purchased the same gun but in a 300 win mag in December. Currently waiting on my suppressors like everyone else as ATF is moving slow as per protocol. I e-mailed Bergara and got a response in the same day for this exact question. Email is: contact@bpiguns.com.

They sent me a list of every caliber they have with recommended ammunition and looking at it now they recommend for the 6.5 Creedmoor:

Hornady 140gr. ELD Match & Hornady 143 Gr. ELD-X

Hope this helps.
                          If possible, care to share this list? I have this gun in .308 and run it suppressed.

I am easily shooting .5” MOA with factory 150gr REM. Core-Lokt’s (when and if I can find them).

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            If possible, care to share this list? I have this gun in .308 and run it suppressed.

I am easily shooting .5” MOA with factory 150gr REM. Core-Lokt’s (when and if I can find them).
                            Recommended loads are here:

Comment

I just bought a wilderness in 300 PRC. It will be here Tuesday. Having the muzzle break changed to a silencerco qd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X