Form 1 eFile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1 eFile

I finally completed my first Form 1 eFile today. Anyone that tells you the first one is easy has not done one. I had already collected the Form 23's and photos from the co-trustees and completed the trial Form 1 Application on the Texas Gun Trust website. Although the Texas Gun Trust instructions for paper filing are adequate they do little to address the efile situation. Even with this as a head start it still took almost four hours to complete. A compliment to the ATF software would be to call it primitive. Instructions tend to be vague. You spend a lot of time looking at a spinning donut waiting for the ATF website to respond. If you try to go do anything else while you wait you may return and find you have been logged out. Save often. I had things lockup several times and had to start from square 1. In today's political climate this is unlikely to be changed. The little gotcha's like the Maximum file size for uploads is 3 mb. My scanned file of my trust was initially a little over 3mb. Had to go back and scan at a lower resolution. I did not find a lot of guidance on the internet that applied to Form 1 eFile silencers. Lots of stuff on SBR's. I believe the next one will go much faster but the learning curve on the first on was pretty steep.

Just didn't use the right resource. Took me maybe an hour tops on both of mine to file. To get your files size down you can use compression sites online that will get it down below 3mb easily. But the site does suck for sure.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

So help us out here. What is the right resource?

Comment

The website is trash and locks up a LOT. Best time to do one is at night when there’s few people using it.

Comment

The website looks and functions just like the first website ever created (by Al Gore) back in the day. It epitomizes a government run program

Comment

I just completed mine.

I followed a YouTube video while doing it. Seemed simple enough. Time will tell if they reject it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When should i expect to see the cover letter and instructions for submitting the finger print cards?

Comment

I agree it sucks and the whole thing was a headache. Not what I’d consider “easy” by any stretch when you consider the fingerprint cards, photos, filing a trust and getting it notarized, then scanning it all, etc.

I never got my cover letter, I had to log in, click the form 1 link, then the little eye deal on the bottom of the page to get to the page where you can click the “electronic documents” tab, then scroll down to the bottom to print off the cover letter.

Super easy haha.

Comment

I went back and looked and the response I received from the ATF is "Pending Research". From reading on the web it appears that entries in the Manufacturer and Model that are not found in the dropdown menus trigger this. I used FMI in the manufacturer entry as is suggested and N/A in the model number. When you get a Pending Research response apparently some "human" intervention is required to accept the application. As I understand the time to be released from Form 1 Purgatory is about 30 days. I have another Form 1 to submit. Has anyone seen a guide on how to avoid Form 1 Purgatory?

Comment

Sadly pending research these days is more like 90-120 days.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      Sadly pending research these days is more like 90-120 days.

Is this time from recent personal experience?

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        Is this time from recent personal experience?
                        Yes and also the consensus on all the form 1 boards.

Comment

Mine took 3 months on a SOLGW Scalper lower. Ticked me off but what can you do. Total time was 5ish months.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            Yes and also the consensus on all the form 1 boards.

How many SBRs you got these days? You’ve gotten bit by the NFA bug it seems lol

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              When should i expect to see the cover letter and instructions for submitting the finger print cards?
                              You should have gotten this in an email immediately after submitting your form 1. At lease that is how it worked on the two I have done.

Comment

Working...
                              X