No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm going to be on the lookout for a good but budget spotter , all my shots are under 200 yards , and i don't need bells and whistles ... just something i can just fire up and look around as i'm driving around ... i have a reap-ir for the actual work, helmet mount would be a bonus , I use a pvs 14 right now , but i've been busted a few times when they saw me first .. it wouldn't have happened with thermal. .. anyhow .. input appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      i'm going to be on the lookout for a good but budget spotter , all my shots are under 200 yards , and i don't need bells and whistles ... just something i can just fire up and look around as i'm driving around ... i have a reap-ir for the actual work, helmet mount would be a bonus , I use a pvs 14 right now , but i've been busted a few times when they saw me first .. it wouldn't have happened with thermal. .. anyhow .. input appreciated
      I may have a slightly used Pulsar Axion Key for sale soon if that is a model that interest you.

Comment

Ive got a flir ps32 i could sell if anyone wants a spotter. Use a reap ir myself.

Comment

doing some research , i'm leaning toward the agm micro tm384

Comment

My Wraith 4K max came today. Now for the learning curve. I did turn it on and image is crystal clear in daylight and color is natural but vivid. Waiting for night to get here. Meanwhile charging the internal battery and figuring out which gun it goes best with. Menu's gonna take some learning but I think once the proper settings are made it will a matter of just hitting the on button.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              My Wraith 4K max came today. Now for the learning curve. I did turn it on and image is crystal clear in daylight and color is natural but vivid. Waiting for night to get here. Meanwhile charging the internal battery and figuring out which gun it goes best with. Menu's gonna take some learning but I think once the proper settings are made it will a matter of just hitting the on button.

Call your dealer and ask them what the optimum settings are for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                Call your dealer and ask them what the optimum settings are for it.
                I have found a pretty good Youtube tutorial for it. So far whatever factory setting are looks pretty good even the purple reticle. The real test will be tonight after dark. Just in time to check out this new neighbor that moved in Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                  Jason, are you recommending the Super Hogster over the Thermion XQ38 or is this recommendation based on the price with the Super Hogster being $180 less than the XQ38?
                  Fair question. No sir I'm definitely not suggesting the Super Hogster over the Thermion XQ38, I just inched my suggestion up to the Hogster since it was only $120 above his listed budget. The XQ38 is great but it's $300 over his budget and after a good QD mount and a spare battery he's looking at probably $600 over his budget. I think it's a great scope but probably going to be well above where he said he wanted to be. Good question though.

Comment

doing some research , i'm leaning toward the agm micro tm384
                    The Micro TM384 is being discontinued and replaced by the improved Taipan TM15 1.5x for $1,295. Just a heads up....

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                      The Micro TM384 is being discontinued and replaced by the improved Taipan TM15 1.5x for $1,295. Just a heads up....

Jason
                      Jason, couldn’t be happier with my super hogster and I’m waiting on my rattler 35 from you. any updates on delivery on those I’m like a kid with Christmas right around the corner.....

Comment

Fair question. No sir I'm definitely not suggesting the Super Hogster over the Thermion XQ38, I just inched my suggestion up to the Hogster since it was only $120 above his listed budget. The XQ38 is great but it's $300 over his budget and after a good QD mount and a spare battery he's looking at probably $600 over his budget. I think it's a great scope but probably going to be well above where he said he wanted to be. Good question though.

I figured it was due to the lower price but just checking.

Comment

Jason, with all of these new scopes coming out if you need me to review anything for you, I'll be in the area this weekend and then again most of next week through the weekend.

Looks like it's going to be cold.

Comment

Jason
                            how is the taipan better ? which model would you recommend for helmet mount ? been looking at the micro, the 25 and the 35 .. i want something I can ride my bike with ... but like the clarity of the bigger lens ... dang more decisions!

Comment

how is the taipan better ? which model would you recommend for helmet mount ? been looking at the micro, the 25 and the 35 .. i want something I can ride my bike with ... but like the clarity of the bigger lens ... dang more decisions!
                              answered my own question, looked it up .. 12 micron ... looks like the taipan 15 is perfect for what i need ..

Comment

Video tutorial for how to adjust settings of the Sightmark Wraith 4K max.
                                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFRbTEY1c-w"]Sightmark Wraith 4k MAX - Menu Overview - Narrated - YouTube[/ame]
                                This is not the latest firmware version so I don't know what may have been added-----------yet

Comment

Working...
                                X