Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Amen on that! Can't beat it, yet
    you know one of the main thing about it for me is the nuk , friend of mine invited me once and he has a couple of puslar , it auto nuk's and i hate it .. we'd be starting our countdown and the **** thing nuk's right in the middle of the action.. frankly with my reap i rarely nuk it at all ... some people say when you first turn it on they have to do it a few times , but i never have to do it more than once ..

sure would be nice if someone came up with a button on the side .. the reap you have to close the cover, it sure would be nice to have a scope where you just push a button once in a while .... that way you don't have to fiddle with going through a menu or anything ... i got used to the reap and the joystick , that's pretty easy , but you still got to close the cap ... be nice if it had an internal shutter ...

that's all

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      you know one of the main thing about it for me is the nuk , friend of mine invited me once and he has a couple of puslar , it auto nuk's and i hate it .. we'd be starting our countdown and the **** thing nuk's right in the middle of the action.. frankly with my reap i rarely nuk it at all ... some people say when you first turn it on they have to do it a few times , but i never have to do it more than once ..

sure would be nice if someone came up with a button on the side .. the reap you have to close the cover, it sure would be nice to have a scope where you just push a button once in a while .... that way you don't have to fiddle with going through a menu or anything ... i got used to the reap and the joystick , that's pretty easy , but you still got to close the cap ... be nice if it had an internal shutter ...

that's all
      Not sure about all Pulsars, but the Thermions have that covered. I see way too many videos were the calibration (NUK) is set to "Auto". It happens every time, the calibration happens right in the middle of the action. Simple solution, just change the calibration to "Semi-auto" (SA). Then whenever you want just tap the power button and it calibrates. Everyone that has a Thermion or other Pulsar scope, go change this setting now. (if you have that option) oh, and no need to close the lens cap when using semi-auto calibration mode. (you do on full manual, but no idea why you would use that mode.
      Last edited by GregO; 02-23-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
        Not sure about all Pulsars, but the Thermions have that covered. I see way too many videos were the calibration (NUK) is set to "Auto". It happens every time, the calibration happens right in the middle of the action. Simple solution, just change the calibration to "Semi-auto" (SA). Then whenever you want just tap the power button and it calibrates. Everyone that has a Thermion or other Pulsar scope, go change this setting now. (if you have that option)
        yes you can do auto or semi auto

Comment

Both my Trail and Axiom are set too semi-auto nuk, mainly for the reasons stated above but also seems to stretch the battery life on the axiom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

i've ran my reap-ir for as long as 30 minutes without needing a nuk .. but yes it would be nice if it had an internal shutter ... but i'm sure it would drain power ... not that i care, i run an external 5k batt .

Comment

I have never had a thermal but am planning on getting one before long. What are you talking about with the "NUK"?

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                I have never had a thermal but am planning on getting one before long. What are you talking about with the "NUK"?
                Over time, the image on the screen degrades and there is a process where the screen is "nuked" which refreshes the image. With Pulsar, you can set your scope to do it automatically, you can do semi-auto which requires you to push a button, or you can do it manual which requires you to close the cap and push a button. If your scope is on auto, it tends to want to do the auto nuke right after you've moved your scope i.e. as you are acquiring or shooting at a target. While nuking, the screen is frozen for a second or two. I believe some scopes only have manual nuke.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                  Both my Trail and Axiom are set too semi-auto nuk, mainly for the reasons stated above but also seems to stretch the battery life on the axiom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I think that it helps with battery life as well. I keep mine on semi auto so it doesnt nuc in the middle of a shot sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                    Over time, the image on the screen degrades and there is a process where the screen is "nuked" which refreshes the image. With Pulsar, you can set your scope to do it automatically, you can do semi-auto which requires you to push a button, or you can do it manual which requires you to close the cap and push a button. If your scope is on auto, it tends to want to do the auto nuke right after you've moved your scope i.e. as you are acquiring or shooting at a target. While nuking, the screen is frozen for a second or two. I believe some scopes only have manual nuke.
                    Oh I understand now. I hunted with an outfitter and used one for the weekend. It’s like the screen is refreshing. I did not know it was called “nuk”. His must have been on auto.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      I am beginning to think Pulsar is just some huge ponzi scheme. Announce a new model... take tons of backorders for it, then never produce enough to fill those backorders. But instead, announce a new model and take tons of backorders for the newer model and have people switch their original backorder to the newer model.

[ATTACH]1041454[/ATTACH]
                      Saw that earlier. Just got my Thermion in yesterday. But the only difference I saw was the lens. Going to a 1.0 from a 1.2. Mine was on order from July so I’m happy with it. Don’t want to wait another 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                        Oh I understand now. I hunted with an outfitter and used one for the weekend. It’s like the screen is refreshing. I did not know it was called “nuk”. His must have been on auto.
                        That’s exactly what it is. I hunt quite a bit. I’ve used mostly Pulsars and Trijicons, and I can assure you the auto nuk of the Pulsar isn’t an issue. I much prefer it’s adjustability (auto, semi, manual) to the only manual of Trijicon. That said both optics have their pros and cons, and the Trijicon has a superior image.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          That’s exactly what it is. I hunt quite a bit. I’ve used mostly Pulsars and Trijicons, and I can assure you the auto nuk of the Pulsar isn’t an issue. I much prefer it’s adjustability (auto, semi, manual) to the only manual of Trijicon. That said both optics have their pros and cons, and the Trijicon has a superior image.
                          totally disagree , I only used the pulsar once , didn't know how to disable auto nuk since it was a loaner from a friend and it was totally annoying. how much do you enjoy watching an amazon prime movie when the picture freezes every so often and buffers ... now imagine trying to take a shot while this is happening.... auto nuk sucks ! i don't care what anybody says.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                            totally disagree , I only used the pulsar once , didn't know how to disable auto nuk since it was a loaner from a friend and it was totally annoying. how much do you enjoy watching an amazon prime movie when the picture freezes every so often and buffers ... now imagine trying to take a shot while this is happening.... auto nuk sucks ! i don't care what anybody says.
                            The one I used it did not bother me to much. We were varmint hunting and wound up killing a few coyotes and a cat. It only did it every so often but was gone in a second. Did not hinder any of my shots.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                              Saw that earlier. Just got my Thermion in yesterday. But the only difference I saw was the lens. Going to a 1.0 from a 1.2. Mine was on order from July so I’m happy with it. Don’t want to wait another 6 months.
                              I think the 2 series in the Thermion is going to be similar to the 2 series in other lines like the trail and accolade. In addition to the lense it gets a better MK rating for the sensor. In theory it will be able to differentiate heat differences better. If I am not mistaken the late night vision show guys said that it is slightly better but not enough to sell your current scope. I am however interested to see if the lense makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                                I think the 2 series in the Thermion is going to be similar to the 2 series in other lines like the trail and accolade. In addition to the lense it gets a better MK rating for the sensor. In theory it will be able to differentiate heat differences better. If I am not mistaken the late night vision show guys said that it is slightly better but not enough to sell your current scope. I am however interested to see if the lense makes a difference.
                                lense always make a difference , the bigger the germanium lens the better the performance , and higher the cost as well ... given the sensor and image processor is the same. that's why the cheaper scopes have what looks like a 40mm objective but a tiny lens .. with that said the image processor improvements made lately greatly make hunting scopes better .. they are more tuned for hunting than previous generic "thermal metering" they used to use. trade off is field of view and magnification ... that massive lens will have more magnification and long range performance , but if all you do is sneak up within 100 yards and open up on a 30rd mag , the smaller lens scope do just fine.

there are plenty of older scopes with crappy sensors by today's standards that can reach way out there due to their 50 to 75 mm lenses.. they also used to cost $7k ..

I wish manufacturers or after market guys would offer upgrades on older scope with giant lenses .. that's where the money was at .. just look at germanium lenses on ebay .. big ones are expensive !

Comment

Working...
                                X