Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    do you think the cost is more in the 'idea' or the mfg process / materials / etc...i would be more inclined to throw that sort of coin towards another can and just shoot yours
    I think by a long shot it is paying for the design/patent. Honestly this thing should be in the 100-150 dollar range IMO. Which I'm pretty sure is where it will end up. Same as everything else. Early Adopters always pay more.

I don't have time to set up a target until next Monday with Nanza and everything, but I most definitely will for everyone next week.

Comment

what are the chances that the ATF will reverse their take on this and ban it like they did the 22 stock ? they too had a letter of approval at first ... then the ATF changed their mind and people were out big bucks .... looks like fun though! I may wait a couple of year and see if this sticks before I sink $350 (not counting ammo...)

I am in the process of builing a 5" 9mm upper though .. that would be fun suppressed and "bumped " and would not break the bank on ammo...

dang it .. I think I just talked myself into it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
        I think by a long shot it is paying for the design/patent. Honestly this thing should be in the 100-150 dollar range IMO. Which I'm pretty sure is where it will end up. Same as everything else. Early Adopters always pay more.
        my thoughts exactly...the cost of the overmold tooling would be substantial as well.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          what are the chances that the ATF will reverse their take on this and ban it like they did the 22 stock ? they too had a letter of approval at first ... then the ATF changed their mind and people were out big bucks .... looks like fun though! I may wait a couple of year and see if this sticks before I sink $350 (not counting ammo...)

I am in the process of builing a 5" 9mm upper though .. that would be fun suppressed and "bumped " and would not break the bank on ammo...

dang it .. I think I just talked myself into it!!!!
          It's hard to say. Like I said earlier it will take legislation IMO as you are actually pulling the trigger, and this was approved in a Post Akins accelerator world. Though the ATF is known for crawfishing and reversing their decisions depending on their mood.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            It's hard to say. Like I said earlier it will take legislation IMO as you are actually pulling the trigger, and this was approved in a Post Akins accelerator world. Though the ATF is known for crawfishing and reversing their decisions depending on their mood.
            the difference is the Akins was using a spring to move the action .. in this case , your forearm is what does the work .. so in theory , they should not be able to ban it because there is no mechanical parts involved... but they could always make up new rules...
            my only gripe is all my suppressed SBR's use a factory SBR c3 defense lowers , and they all come with billet enhanced trigger guards ... so i'd have to put this on a 16" gun .. what's the fun in that ... that only leaves my 7.62x39 ...
            cheap enough to shoot though...

dang it here I go again (talking myself into it)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              the difference is the Akins was using a spring to move the action .. in this case , your forearm is what does the work .. so in theory , they should not be able to ban it because there is no mechanical parts involved... but they could always make up new rules...
              my only gripe is all my suppressed SBR's use a factory SBR c3 defense lowers , and they all come with billet enhanced trigger guards ... so i'd have to put this on a 16" gun .. what's the fun in that ... that only leaves my 7.62x39 ...
              cheap enough to shoot though...

dang it here I go again (talking myself into it)!!!
              They are working on a model that will work with enhanced trigger guards.

Comment

Anybody own an AK-47 made by Century Arms ??? What do you think of it ?? Looking at a deal on one...How do they stack up to the Russian/ chinese made AK-47??

Comment

Look and see what type of receiver it has , some have " D C Industries " receivers which according to internet writings I read are also called " Nodak Spud " which are said to be some of the best , I am only relaying what I read . . . I picked up a nice underfolder after the last election scare and it turned out to be one of these but have not shot it yet .

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKg9SoVyE9g"]YouTube - AK-47 The best fire power!![/ame]

Comment

Where's the AK-47 Guys at ????

Comment

Originally posted by warrior62 View Post
                        Where's the AK-47 Guys at ????
                        have you noticed the title of this thread ?

AK's arent tacticool

Comment

Ouch ! At least they are in a good caliber ; 223 vs 7.62X30 . . .

Comment

I need me an AR!!!!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                              I need me an AR!!!!

Skinny
                              x2

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                                I need me an AR!!!!

Skinny