Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys give a fella an inferiority complex..........I'm still saving for my very own TA33G-H ACOG. Been mostly accuumulating ammo lately, about to start a little reloading of a bunch of mixed-bag range pickup brass that I have. Any favorite load recipies for 55-62 grain FMJ's out of my 16" 1/9 twist barrel?

Stu

Comment

I have no idea what stuff is on here, but it is a .223 bought it from Academy for my first but not last rifle.
      Attached Files

Comment

5C2 inbound!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yhm_28-5C2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	23927912
        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by OPC Patrick View Post
          OK... if you are going to talk about super cool things lets add pics so I know what the heck we are discussing.
          darn filters at work... I can see the pics now

Comment

Comment

Sweet Loot Maddox! Any new projects?

Can you explain the draw of the UBR stock? I always hear everyone crow about them but have never used one. I don't like how the parts separate, seems like there would be a weakness where they lock together.

Comment

Im working on a bolt gun now and I still have 4 ARs I need to finish.

The UBR stock is SOLID. You could literally beat someone to death with it and it wouldn't show any abuse. If you get a chance, check one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                  5C2 inbound!

[ATTACH]159823[/ATTACH]
                  Joey, just go ahead and upgrade it to a phantom mount and buy you a can!

Im working on a bolt gun now and I still have 4 ARs I need to finish.

The UBR stock is SOLID. You could literally beat someone to death with it and it wouldn't show any abuse. If you get a chance, check one out.
                  I'm working on my bolt guns as well, i think they may be more addictive than AR's. Ill have to put a UBR on my SBR build, can't decide if I want my SBR to be a 5.56 or 6.8, though I can interchange either. Thoughts? I know what Paul is going to say. What kind of bolt are you working on?
                  Last edited by mesquitecountry; 04-28-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                    Joey, just go ahead and upgrade it to a phantom mount and buy you a can!

I'm working on my bolt guns as well, i think they may be more addictive than AR's. Ill have to put a UBR on my SBR build, can't decide if I want my SBR to be a 5.56 or 6.8, though I can interchange either. Thoughts? I know what Paul is going to say. What kind of bolt are you working on?
                    556 ammo is easier to get and thats why all my ARs at 556. I will probably build 1 of my last lowers into a 300 whisper just for fun, but I hate shopping for ammo. 556, 308, 9mm, 45 is about all I buy. I do have a 380 that I carry alot, but I purchased 5 boxes of Defense Ammo for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      556 ammo is easier to get and thats why all my ARs at 556. I will probably build 1 of my last lowers into a 300 whisper just for fun, but I hate shopping for ammo. 556, 308, 9mm, 45 is about all I buy. I do have a 380 that I carry alot, but I purchased 5 boxes of Defense Ammo for it.
                      Pretty much exactly what I buy as well. I wanted a little more thump for hog hunting at night, that is why I went 6.8 on this build. I'd love a whisper, but, like you said, finding ammo sucks.

Comment

Corbon started selling 300 whisper ammo, which is why Im even considering it. I order two AAC SCAR-H SD suppressors this week and think a 14.5" 300 whisper w/ pinned AAC MITER Mount and Scar-H would make one hell of a gun. I just need to find a good match barrel for the 300 Whisper and a low profile gas block that allows me to turn off the gas while suppressed and I will start this project.

Comment

I just put a quad rail on my S&W M&P 15A. I have mounted a light, but now I need a forend grip. Any suggestions? I don't want to break the bank on the grip, but I want a functional one and I like the idea of a battery compartment. What do you guys like?

Comment

Originally posted by bdphunt View Post
                            I just put a quad rail on my S&W M&P 15A. I have mounted a light, but now I need a forend grip. Any suggestions? I don't want to break the bank on the grip, but I want a functional one and I like the idea of a battery compartment. What do you guys like?
                            Larue FUG
                            Tango Down
                            Magpul

Magpul will be the cheapest, Larue the most expensive, and Tango down in the middle.

Comment

What's an AR?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                What's an AR?

I think it's tied to banking....like an 'Account Reduction' device or something of the like??

Comment

Working...
                                X