Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    Today's Debate.

Which Grip system/design do you prefer best? Rank your top 3.

I have to go with Ergo ergonomics, angle that my hand slides into, grip is phenomenal, durability is good, storage is decent.

Second I have to go with Hogue overmolded, decent grip, decent storage, kiss design

Magpul MIAD pre rubber over mold, rubber over molding may move it up the list, best storage, half decent grip, ok angle, needs rubber.
    I would say you are dead on with your suggestions. Love my egro's the bst

Comment

OK... if you are going to talk about super cool things lets add pics so I know what the heck we are discussing.

Comment

Any of you guys know anything about POF ar15's? Looking to buy one but would like more feedback.... Thanks

Comment

This is off topic for today's conversation regarding grips, but...

Has anyone got word on whether or not rob_s has had a chance to visit the Spike's shop? I'm interested in his feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by DXTApache View Post
            This is off topic for today's conversation regarding grips, but...

Has anyone got word on whether or not rob_s has had a chance to visit the Spike's shop? I'm interested in his feedback...
            he spent 5-6 hours there friday i believe.
            he hasnt posted his report yet, see my lower post.
            Last edited by Bily Lovec; 04-27-2010, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Hum, wonder what the bad means. Spikes grew VERY QUICKLY there, I wonder if there are some pretty serious growing pains that are arising.

Comment

here ya go, a quick note from Rob,
                it all seems good so far...
                spike's

If anyone is waiting to pull the trigger on a purchase one way or another based on the 6 hours I spent at Spike's and the one day and 1k rounds I spent with a sample of one of their guns, don't. I don't merit that kind of control over anybody's purchases.

We shot just at 1k rounds on Saturday, 660 Wolf, about 250 XM193, and about 90 Black Hills 75 grain blue box. I'll post more about this as I correspond more with Spike's.

If you are concerned that they are using DPMS LPKs, don't be. If you are concerned that they are using imported junk bolts or other parts, don't be. If you suspect that a lot of the parts Spike's is using are the same ones that many of the respected brands are using, you are probably right.

I am writing an article on my visit and the rifle for Black Guns magazine so I need to be careful not to "scoop" myself. I will say this though, in the $1k and under market Spike's would be my first choice, albeit without the spider logo. The good news is that EVERY gun is built to order when the order comes in so you can get it how you want it provided they have or can get the parts you want.

In general I was very impressed with Tom and his staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                  Hum, wonder what the bad means. Spikes grew VERY QUICKLY there, I wonder if there are some pretty serious growing pains that are arising.
                  maddox,
                  I may not should use the word bad, growing pains may be better... Im going to edit that post.

Comment

Thanks a bunch, Bily

BCM is out of stock on the upper I have been wanting to purchase, and I noticed I could get a similar setup from Spikes (with the addition of a CHF bbl) for about the same price. All this waiting is making my head spin!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      AR-15:

Underpowered varmint rifle burdened by a crummy magazine design. Nasty direct-impingement gas system that poops where it eats. High sight line, flimsy alloy-and-plastic construction. Generally favored by range commandos, tactical disciples, military vets who have never fired anything else for comparison, and Brownells addicts who a.) enjoy spending three times the cost on the rifle on bolt-on accoutrements, and b.) never have to use their rifle away from a dry, sunny range.

luv ya man
                      Old Marines don't have that problem!

Click image for larger version

Name:	m1a.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	23927841

Comment

Originally posted by OPC Patrick View Post
                        OK... if you are going to talk about super cool things lets add pics so I know what the heck we are discussing.
                        Seriously!

And make sure they are posted from your hard drive.....so those of us with regulated comps can drool over em!
                        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I'll just leave this right here...
                          http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=135459 but You know what, I still like My .308 bolt gun a lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by hawkusmc View Post
                            Old Marines don't have that problem!

[ATTACH]159664[/ATTACH]

All in good fun!!

M14/M1A:

Clunky, heavy, and overpowered. Essentially a Garand tarted up with a removable magazine, in a half-baked attempt to adapt a 19th century rifle design philosophy to the mid-20th century. Most often named as favorite infantry rifle by people who never had to hump a 10-pound wood-stocked rifle with lots of sharp protrusions and no collapsible anything on a three day exercise, or try to make it through a firefight with the standard battle load of five 20-round magazines.

Comment

Great post and insight Billy!

My Rem 700 SPS tac showed up today! Sending off the bolt tomorrow, waiting on parts to finish up! Can't wait till this one is done!

Comment

My "in progress" tacticool project is RR SBR 9mm w/ YH can. SBD!

...and debating converting my R25 to......260Rem. Not that tacticool, just cool.
                                Last edited by texag93; 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X