No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this picture the other and had forgot about it. Got lots of individuals that say 223 doesn’t kill very well, or that you need perfect placement. These were 3 out of 7 that were recovered. The other 4 fell where we could leave them laying. 10 hogs in the sounder. 2 shooters, both of us shooting 75 Gr BTHP Hornady in tightish mesquite pasture. In an open field we’d have had opportunity to wipe all 10 out. Then again we may have missed too haha
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Any of y'all played with the AGM micro 160 monocular as a scanner? Looks interesting to pair with a wraith or something of that nature for guys on the cheap. Or in my case used as a spotter to find the heat then confirm with rifle if it is pig deer cow etc. Or for final walk up after initial spot save the battery on the rifle scope for when it is actually needed.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
      @tazhunter0 has one he uses/d with a Wraith on his PCP airgun.
      Maybe he'll chime in.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        What’s the going rate right now for a lightly use pulsar trail xp50LRF? Under 300 shots.
        If you can do without the LRF, I’ve got a thermion XG50 in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
          If you can do without the LRF, I’ve got a thermion XG50 in the classifieds
          I own the trail.

Comment

Maybe I should of gone big on the pic but here’s a cool screen shot I got of a storm over the gulf I caught last night after this boat caught these hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I own the trail.
              Well then you definitely need to upgrade to the XG50.. lol

Comment

Question for you folks running a bolt gun with a thermal for pigs. How many shots y'all usually average on a group? And what size mags y'all usually run assuming your using a dbm style rifle?

Curious how a .243 or .22-250 with a 10 rd aics mag would do with a thermal on top for big groups of pigs.

Comment

Question for you folks running a bolt gun with a thermal for pigs. How many shots y'all usually average on a group? And what size mags y'all usually run assuming your using a dbm style rifle?

Curious how a .243 or .22-250 with a 10 rd aics mag would do with a thermal on top for big groups of pigs.

I’ve run both a 22 Creed and a 6 Creed quite a bit. I’ve got 5 and 10 rounders. I usually just run the 5 round mags. Typically 5 shots gives me 3-4 dead hogs on the ground, but quite a few time s has given me 5. Half the time I swap mags during the shooting. Depending on the field I can sometimes use 6-8 rounds, but it’s not typical and usually doesn’t yield me better instant results. Lots of whollop at distance, but unless he drops right there we don’t count it. We try to get 6-10 hogs on the ground per sounder we shoot on with 2 shooters. A bolt gun with thermal on top has kept me pulling my weight the same as my partner on typical nights.

They key to the bolt gun is patience. With the AR if I missed I had an instant follow up. I shot a LOT. With a bolt gun I’ve got to make my shots count. Typically I do.

Comment

I’ve got some paracord lanyards for sale, great for thermal monoculars, Range finders or other small electronics. The Orange have a reflective in them to be easier to spot if a light is shined on them.

$20 to your door, thanks for looking!

Comment

Have one solid orange one left, thanks Chrisp2012 and DUKFVR for your support!

Comment

Here is a quick video from a thermion XM50. Had the brother in law on it for the first 2 groups. He had fun to say the least haha Last group was me running the gun. Shooting .223 55 gr sp. Ended up with 6 in the truck for the night. Crunchy cut wheat and a bright moon made for tough stalks. Should have had more in the truck but was letting him play with the scope so did cost us some pigs but was still fun.

Last edited by westtexducks; 06-28-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

You guys like full power chocolate chips?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a quick video from a thermion XM50. Had the brother in law on it for the first 2 groups. He had fun to say the least haha Last group was me running the gun. Shooting .223 55 gr sp. Ended up with 6 in the truck for the night. Crunchy cut wheat and a bright moon made for tough stalks. Should have had more in the truck but was letting him play with the scope so did cost us some pigs but was still fun.

http://youtu.be/SiwGHu0Fy1Q
                            Yall had a good night. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Picked up a Thermion XP50 couple of weeks ago and holy wow lol! I cant imagine how the clarity and pic could get any better. Awesome scope so far.

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Looks like the iRay alpha/bravo scopes could be coming soon:

721 likes, 32 comments - iRayUSA (@iray_usa) on Instagram: "Happening now at our manufacturing facility in the great state of TEXAS. #iraymafia"

Comment

Working...
                                X