Short & Fat open sighted 700 .308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addicted to Remington 700 actions and love the .308 Win. Found a good deal on a donor gun last year and had the idea of building a shorty with open sights to just keep behind the truck seat. Had a few barrel blanks so sent the whole deal to my gunsmith buddy to complete the build. I told him to just keep the barrel scratched and stainless and leave the action blued as it was going to be a beater gun. I just about forgot about the project as i told him to put it low on his priority list and he’s had it about a year now.

He sent me this pic this weekend. He said he just couldn’t leave it plain so he Cerakote’d it black. Now I absolutely love it and it’s gonna be hard to not make it a safe queen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is SWEET!

Comment

Dude... that is cool...

Comment

That is awesome!! Perfect setup!

Comment

That is awesome, i would have to put a peep sight on the action and leave it alone.

Comment

It looks awesome.

As it sits is there any advantage to the heavy barrel other than aesthetics? Seems like most of the accuracy gained would be lost with the open sights. But maybe you are much better with open sights than I am!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
              It looks awesome.

As it sits is there any advantage to the heavy barrel other than aesthetics? Seems like most of the accuracy gained would be lost with the open sights. But maybe you are much better with open sights than I am!

Really there is not. Just durability from bouncing around behind my truck seat which probably won’t be happening now and to use a match grade SS blank which I already had vs a factory junker. As well as having more meat to tap into for sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X