X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 4 of 7
    "SEND FORTH"

(Weekly Reading>>Numbers 13:1 to 15:41, Joshua 2:1-24, Hebrews 3:1 to 4:16)

The Firstborn

Numbers 3:12-13 “Now behold, I Myself have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of every firstborn who opens the womb among the children of Israel. Therefore the Levites shall be Mine, because all the firstborn are Mine. On the day that I struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, I sanctified to Myself all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast. They shall be Mine: I am Yahweh.”

We all need the atoning blood of Jesus. Only He can restore and cause a desire in us to be holy[set apart].

Hebrews 9:14 “How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to the Lord/Yahweh, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God/Elohim?”

1 Corinthians 10:17 “For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.”

1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

The bread and wine offered at the last supper Jesus presided over with His disciples was the re-activating of the firstborn priesthood. This priesthood was operational before the Levitical order existed. To resurrect the firstborn priesthood (Melchezedek), Jesus renewed the Covenant broken by them during the worship of the golden calf at Mount Sinai. This is why Jesus offered the bread and the wine at the last meal and then Himself as the Passover sacrificial lamb to complete the requirements for the firstborn. His sacrificial offering restored both the betrothal covenant (the Mosaic Covenant) and the firstborn priesthood (the Davidic Covenant). Without the bread (grain offering) and blood (drink offering) presented together in the form of the elements at the meal with Himself on the stake neither the covenants nor the priesthood could be restored, thus it was imperative Jesus present the grain/bread and the wine/drink offering together to His disciples first, thus fulfilling our firstfruits offering.

Luke 22:19-20 “And He took bread [grain offering], gave thanks and broke it,and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me’. Likewise He also took the cup [drink offering] after supper, saying, ‘This cup [drink offering] is the [re]new[ed] [blood] covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.’”

Christ’s disciples are His first fruits offering. As often as believers meet together in His name (not just once a year at Passover), they are to break bread in remembrance of Him. Jesus is our memorial portion (the 10%) and we - His first fruits – are the 90% portion called holy. When the Israelites who conquer the land serve the grain, oil and wine with the fire offering (heart circumcision) they come into agreement completing the firstborn requirements for their right of return and redemption to the land. We (believers) are to do this at ALL the Lord's appointed Feast Days, Sabbaths and New Moon festivals throughout the year. This command is an active eternal commandment for every generation – ours included (Leviticus chapters 2 & 23; Numbers 15:3; Ezekiel chapters 40-45).

The combining of the grain offering, and the oil and wine offering, with the burnt offering or a sacrifice, represent the prophetic foreshadowing of Yeshua our Kinsmen- Redeemer. The bread and wine offerings are to be evident in all of the firstborn offerings throughout the years as a reminder of Him and to give Israel hope (Psalm 111).

One Law [Instruction] Establishes Identity

Numbers 15:14-16 “And if a stranger dwells with you, or whoever is among you throughout your generations, and would present an offering made by fire, a sweet aroma to Yahweh, just as you do, so shall he do. One ordinance [law] shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before Yahweh. One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.”

Exodus 12:49 "There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you."

Leviticus 24:16 "Whoever blasphemes [violates] the name [authority/law] of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The stranger as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name [authority/law], shall be put to death."

Exodus 20:7 "You shall not take the name [authority/law] of the LORD your God in vain [uselessness], for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name [authority/law] in vain [uselessness].

Scripture teaches us there is to be only one Law/Torah given to the twelve tribes and those who choose to sojourn among them. Today this commandment is still applicable in all the lands of the Israelites, including believers in Jesus[The Word/Law in The Flesh]. We live in Canada and like America there is mounting social pressure to allow people who immigrate “their rights” to worship their gods and keep their laws in the same custom as they had in their native country. More and more these foreign rights are encroaching on the very biblical foundation of our homeland. Gone are the days when refugees desired to embrace the country they immigrated to – by worshipping the God of their new country and forsaking all other gods. More often new migrants are demanding their new country bow to their religion and their laws.

This picture above is why Yahweh gave us the one law ordinance to warn us not to come into agreement with foreign laws from other nations. Principles from Scripture say that if we compromise as a nation, we will weaken and succumb. This is one of the main reasons why Israel is fighting for its autonomy today. The Lord’s word does not change so why would we?

Ruth 1:16-17 “But Ruth said: ‘Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God / Elohim, my God / Elohim. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The LORD / Yawheh do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me.”

The commandment to establish one law in Numbers 15 is an eternal law to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come – including our generation. Aliens and strangers who choose to sojourn with Israel are to set aside their pagan customs, laws, cultures, religious practices and beliefs to adhere in agreement with the same set of principles, statutes and judgments as Israel. It is abominable for Israel to sympathetically walk with foreign laws, gods or religions. A house divided shall not stand nor a kingdom divided shall stand. To do so would oppose the Lord/Yahweh and bring defilement/division to His house/family.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew[native] nor Greek[stranger], there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus[The Word/Law of God].

Today many nations embrace other religious customs and cultures as being socially correct only to realize too late the sad ruin of their Christian values and country.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 “Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers [disobeyers]. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ/Messiah with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God/Elohim with idols? For you are the temple of the living God/Elohim. As God/Elohim has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God/Elohim, and they shall be My people.’ Therefore come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord/Yahweh. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty/ADONAI-Tzva’ot.”

Once a people who are not a people turn and walk in the ways of the Lord they are no longer to be called an alien, stranger or Gentile to His Covenants but are to be called as a native born grafted into the Tree of Life and called the same as the natural born - Israel. “For there is no distinction between Jew[native] and Greek[stranger], for the same Lord [word/law] over all is rich to all who call upon Him” (Romans 10:12).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X