Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Conditions are dependent. I can tell you the Nomad 30 is significantly quieter in every test we’ve ran as well as shooter perspective than the Omega 30. I’d like to see his testing conditions, as that can play a factor easily.
    seems odd that if you are testing for the quietest that you would test many from the same manufacturer.... except the quietest one they make.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      seems odd that if you are testing for the quietest that you would test many from the same manufacturer.... except the quietest one they make.

I can see why he would. You may not be looking for THE quietest, but you’re still looking for the quietest in your particular niche.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

Different configurations and use cases. Equivalent to a f150 versus a f350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
          All bolt actions tho right? He uses a bolt action to isolate variables but that makes for a big leap to guess how it will perform on a semi auto, he should have used a standard ar-15 as well and given a bolt action score and a at-15 score.

The Hyperion is interesting, I want a dedicated bolt gun can for sure, I wonder how is the accuracy/poi shift/repeatability is on the Hyperion?

They Hyperion at the moment is the holy grail of cans in just about every metric. I’ve heard no major issues with POI shift.

They have done tests on several different hosts, I only posted one data point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my point was, based on my understanding of how he rates cans (db reduction is weighted heavy), why not test all the ones that you know will likely fall in the top 10 on your rating scale before you publish your data? when he does test the nomad-L, it will likely fall in the top 4 on his scale. So why not test it before you test the sandman-k which you know will fall in the bottom 4?

other people's testing of db reduction. funny how these vary based on who is testing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hyperion.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	24654265

Click image for larger version

Name:	nomadL.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	24654266

Comment

Ttt

Comment

anyone here have the hyperion, if so how do you like it. Is it really as quite as they say?

Comment

Working...
                X