2021 Houston Astro’s Official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    They made offers to Springer and Keuchel. Marwin signed a contract that he hasn’t played up to yet. Will Harris was good, but time to get younger in the pen. You can only pay so many people, not a sign of the times. Simple economics that the value wasn’t there on most of those guys because of age and what’s behind them still on the roster. Morton is the only one that I regret not signing but he was having arm issues late in the last year of his contract.

I mean if you call a World Series win, ALCS birth, loss in game 7 of World Series, and another ALCS game 7 loss in the last 4 seasons as slipping I don’t know what to say [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
      I’ll watch them this year.

Hopefully all this BLM crap is behind us and we just sit down and enjoy some baseball.

Going to be odd with no Springer. I think there is something weird going on within the organization. A lot of good players just leaving without the Astros even attempting to sign them, Springer, Morton, Will Harris, Keuchel, and Marwin. I guess they saw the writing on the wall and wanted to get out before the **** show happened.
      All those guys were old. They aren't gonna pay big money to olds.

Comment

Yall think they get a deal done with Correa before the season starts? IF he stays healthy all year and produces at his normal level someone will pay a mint for him.

Lindor, Baez, Story and Seagar are all also FAs after this season.
        Last edited by rtp; 03-15-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Yall think they get a deal done with Correa before the season starts? IF he stays healthy all year and produces at his normal level someone will pay a mint for him.

Yes, I do

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Yes, I do
            I do too. To me Correa has emerged from the group as the/a leader.

I wonder what the offer was to Springer vs what he ended up getting from the BJs.

Comment

If Correa will take a 5-6 year deal, I think the Astros sign him. If he is looking for 10, I don't think it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                If Correa will take a 5-6 year deal, I think the Astros sign him. If he is looking for 10, I don't think it happens.
                How about 8 for $240.....think that gets it done?

Comment

It should get it done, but I think it is unlikely the Astros offer a contract that is that long.

Comment

He might go for that if you give him some opt-outs in years 4 or 5-8. He has shown he has problems staying healthy, if he signs a deal with an opt-out after year 4, and performs like he thinks he can, he can sign another big contract when he’s 30.

Comment

I've read that Yuli is back to normal weight range this season. Apparently he gained around 20# during Covid last year. We need him back to 2019 production levels with no springer.

Comment

Yea with Greinke and Verlander off the books next year. 4-5 years 160-200 million

Comment

No surgery for Frambler. Huge news, ginger is healing much more aggressively than expected. Bregman went 0-3 but had a home robbed off of DeGrom in his second at bat. Glad to have some positive news. Verlander also threw his first pitch since surgery. He stayed in December he plans on pitching this year. So we will see.

Last edited by Tshelly; 03-18-2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            No surgery for Frambler. Huge news, ginger is healing much more aggressively than expected. Bregman went 0-3 but had a home robbed off of DeGrom in his second at bat. Glad to have some positive news. Verlander also threw his first pitch since surgery. He stayed in December he plans on pitching this year. So we will see.

Wouldnt that be something if he actually came back in Sept to join the squad if they are in playoff position? He would be a great opener or bullpen weapon.

Comment

Wouldnt that be something if he actually came back in Sept to join the squad if they are in playoff position? He would be a great opener or bullpen weapon.

Man it would be electric. And you know we will
                              use an opener with Click here now. Fingers crossed

Last edited by Tshelly; 03-18-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

The astros have offered lance a long term deal. Don’t know the specifics but they are in deep talks.

Comment

Working...
                                X