Took My Time - Texas History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took My Time - Texas History

We're in the process of building a few cabins at the ranch and trying to get everything completed before the season starts. I took a trailer full of furniture down this weekend. Being pressed for time I didn't do much more than sleep when I got there Saturday night and unload the furniture Sunday morning before getting back on the road. I knew I'd want to make a few stops on the way home.

Critique is always welcome!

All photos were taken with a Canon 80d and either Tokina 11-20 2.8 or Canon 50 1.8.

I drive by Fort Chadbourne all the time but never stop. The museum was closed unfortunately.

Fort Chadbourne Canon by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Mark Fury Ranch Stage Stand by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

I was really sad to see this marker had been vandalized. By the looks of it, it had been shot with a shotgun a few times. I just don't get it.

Indian Rock Shelters Historical Marker by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Southern Overland Mail Historical Marker by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

This scene jumped out at me after photographing the Overland Mail marker.

Texas One Way by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Roadside Cactus by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Nice photos!

That's a trip I'd like to make!

Comment

Originally posted by ezypikns View Post
      That's a trip I'd like to make!
      Thank you. It was nice to not be in a rush and be able to stop and explore a bit.

This is my first attempt at the Milky Way. Spotted it out my window driving to the ranch Saturday night. I pulled over and gave it a try. I feel this is the best out of what I shot. Lots to learn!

Roadside Milky Way by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
        Thank you. It was nice to not be in a rush and be able to stop and explore a bit.

This is my first attempt at the Milky Way. Spotted it out my window driving to the ranch Saturday night. I pulled over and gave it a try. I feel this is the best out of what I shot. Lots to learn!

Roadside Milky Way by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

That’s awesome! I too have been trying to shoot the moon and stars but have been unsuccessful with the t-5i thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X