She is Back...... Black Coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is Back...... Black Coyote

We have had sightings for many years here of black coyotes. The last 2 years I have been able to photograph this one from my back porch. This pictures are from this week. Several of us believe it to be female, and I think these photos show she may be gravid. She always is with a larger normal color coyote, he is also in these photos. Sorry the photo quality is low, she is 600+ yards away.
    Attached Files

Very cool. My dad shot a black one years ago and had it mounted

Comment

Thats pretty cool looking

Comment

That’s interesting....my new property isn’t far from there. Between Terrell and Kaufman actually. I ran across this thing dead in the road back in December. Female and only pic I took. Some folks on here have suggested it was a yote but I’m just not sure. Any thoughts?

Comment

That's cool

Sent from my LM-X410.FG using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope to have one of those at the taxidermist someday. I've seen one really dark one. My brother had it in the scope and he said it was black. It got out in the thick stuff before he could shoot it.

I've seen two others that were really dark. Don't know if they would be considered black or not. They weren't anything like the coyotes in this thread.

Comment

I killed a black coyote pup this year in polk county. there is a whole group of them. I only got to kill one and it was very sickly looking or I would have mounted it

Comment

I've never considered mounting a coyote but I would a black one, although everyone would just think you had a black dog mounted and probably make CNN and be the new killer of Cecil.....

Comment

Very cool.
                  Thanks for sharing

Comment

If I ever shot a black one it would have to go on the wall!!

Comment

I've heard there are Black Panthers in the area also.

Comment

pretty cool!

Comment

Looks like it has a collar on it "Fluffy"

Comment

That's cool.

Comment

Funny, just got a pic off my game cam of one behind my house

I would post a pic but can't get the card reader for my phone to work

CrookedArrow, which pic looks like it has a collar? I can't make a collar appear on any of them but my eyes ain't what they used to be either

Comment

Working...
                              X