No announcement yet.

Tribalism and divisiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the whole Russian collusion b.s. is like 'global warming'; once it is proven to be pure b.s., they just change it into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      I fully understand what you are saying yet you fail to understand what I am saying.. You type to much.

"The only reason any of this(Russian influence)is even a issue is because the Democrats lost".. (Do you honestly think that this is the first time this has happened??? It's not..)
      If they had won the election we would not be discussing this at the moment because no MSM news outlet would be reporting on it except for FOX.. The MSM would be silent..

IMO the biased, lying, one sided, liberal MSM media has caused more devision and has disrupted our elections more than "The Russians" ever have or ever could..
      Why are liberals so worried about "The Russians" when our own media is doing far worse damage? It makes no sense..
      Is the sanctity of our elections really the concern here or is the fact that Trump won... I think it's obvious..
      Get ready because it's only going to get worse!!!! You ain't seen nothing yet.
      Sigh...more subjective claims. So the lying MSM has caused most of this division. Trump hasn't regularly fueled it...and he never lies...and Fox News' lineup isn't biased and routinely one-sided.

This is the same MSM that ran wild in late Oct 2016 with the news that Jim Comey and the FBI were conducting a new investigation into Hillary's e-mails. The story lead the headlines for the next week and 10 days after the story broke, Trump won the election.

Back on topic...

Yes, the sanctity of democratic elections really is the concern here. That's why multiple investigations were commissioned by the Senate Intelligence Committee and why Trump's appointed Director of National Intelligence stated the following just over 3 weeks ago in the DNI's annual worldwide threat assessment before the Senate Intelligence panel:

"I first want to mention election security. This has been, and will continue to be, a top priority for the Intelligence Community."

"We assess that foreign actors will view the 2020 US elections as an opportunity to advance their interests. We expect them to refine their capabilities and add new tactics as they learn from each other’s experiences and efforts in previous elections."

"On the heels of our successful efforts to protect the integrity of the 2018 mid-term elections, we are now focused on incorporating lessons learned in
      preparation for the 2020 elections."

"We assess that foreign actors will view the 2020 U.S. elections as an opportunity to advance their interests.....We expect them to refine their capabilities and add new tactics as they learn from each other's experiences and efforts.”

“Russia’s social media efforts will continue to focus on aggravating social and racial tensions, undermining trust in authorities, and criticizing perceived anti-Russia politicians...Moscow may employ additional influence toolkits — such as spreading disinformation, conducting hack-and-leak operations, or manipulating data — in a more targeted fashion to influence U.S. policy, actions, and elections.”

It's such a non-issue that Trump's very own Director of National Intelligence made it the first issue on his worldwide threat assessment list.

This exchange was pointless from the beginning, and frankly, I know your propensity for extreme political bias and conspiratorial thinking well enough that I should have known better. I knew you wouldn't listen to the podcast or review the reports because it's not about having an informed dialogue with you. It's about defending the tribe regardless of the circumstances. It's a primal instinct, and you've got it bad.

Comment

ver·min
        /ˈvərmən/Submit
        noun
        wild animals that are believed to be harmful to crops, farm animals, or game, or that carry disease, e.g., rodents.
        parasitic worms or insects.
        people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
          the whole Russian collusion b.s. is like 'global warming'; once it is proven to be pure b.s., they just change it into something else.
          OR they just keep talking about it over and over and over to occupy and infiltrate the brain of the weak minded, gullible people, who have 0 common sense, can't think for themselves, and have to be told how to act, how to think and what to believe... Puppets.. It's an incredibly disturbing thing to wittness...

Comment

OR they just keep talking about it over and over and over to occupy and infiltrate the brain of the weak minded, gullible people, who have 0 common sense, can't think for themselves, and have to be told how to act, how to think and what to believe... Puppets.. It's an incredibly disturbing thing to wittness...

The ol’ tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              Sigh...more subjective claims. So the lying MSM has caused most of this division. Trump hasn't regularly fueled it...and he never lies...and Fox News' lineup isn't biased and routinely one-sided.

This is the same MSM that ran wild in late Oct 2016 with the news that Jim Comey and the FBI were conducting a new investigation into Hillary's e-mails. The story lead the headlines for the next week and 10 days after the story broke, Trump won the election.

Back on topic...

Yes, the sanctity of democratic elections really is the concern here. That's why multiple investigations were commissioned by the Senate Intelligence Committee and why Trump's appointed Director of National Intelligence stated the following just over 3 weeks ago in the DNI's annual worldwide threat assessment before the Senate Intelligence panel:

"I first want to mention election security. This has been, and will continue to be, a top priority for the Intelligence Community."

"We assess that foreign actors will view the 2020 US elections as an opportunity to advance their interests. We expect them to refine their capabilities and add new tactics as they learn from each other’s experiences and efforts in previous elections."

"On the heels of our successful efforts to protect the integrity of the 2018 mid-term elections, we are now focused on incorporating lessons learned in
              preparation for the 2020 elections."

"We assess that foreign actors will view the 2020 U.S. elections as an opportunity to advance their interests.....We expect them to refine their capabilities and add new tactics as they learn from each other's experiences and efforts.”

“Russia’s social media efforts will continue to focus on aggravating social and racial tensions, undermining trust in authorities, and criticizing perceived anti-Russia politicians...Moscow may employ additional influence toolkits — such as spreading disinformation, conducting hack-and-leak operations, or manipulating data — in a more targeted fashion to influence U.S. policy, actions, and elections.”

It's such a non-issue that Trump's very own Director of National Intelligence made it the first issue on his worldwide threat assessment list.

This exchange was pointless from the beginning, and frankly, I know your propensity for extreme political bias and conspiratorial thinking well enough that I should have known better. I knew you wouldn't listen to the podcast or review the reports because it's not about having an informed dialogue with you. It's about defending the tribe regardless of the circumstances. It's a primal instinct, and you've got it bad.

Fox leans a little right, but nowhere near the bias of all the other MSM garbage out there. You mention their “lineup”, but you have to realize that everything after The 6pm how is news opinion shows.

Let me ask you something simple. Why do you think trump won in 2016, and where did your vote fall?

Comment

And if the Russians were helping one party it had to be the Democrats because they were sure they had it in the bag.... LMBO It never gets old. I watch it at least once a month...

https://youtu.be/Z6Oczyk6nCw
                Thats good stuff.
                I watch it several times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Strongly recommend y’all give this a listen. You can take issue with Sam Harris because he’s an atheist. You can think he’s an idiot because he promotes meditation. You can rage against the accusations that Trump colluded with Russia to get elected. But listen to the data analysis presented by Renee DiResta on this podcast. She mined the data that first showed that the anti-vac movement is actually very small, but uses data manipulation on social media to amplify its footprint. The federal govt asked her to apply the same techniques to ISIS, then to Russia’s impact in the 2016 election. Although it shows that yes, “Russia” manipulated the American public to sway the results of the election, but more importantly and more dangerously, it sowed the seeds of tribalism and divisiveness that are born in social media and then infect the population such that we, the US citizens, are now in the midst of an information and culture war with ourselves. Just understanding that the animosity most people feel towards “the other group” is not based in unresolvable differences but in a carefully constructed and intentional manipulation of what we think we believe will help to see through the bullcrap and begin working to fix it. I hope that more people realize this and begin to have a more open view towards working with the other side to make things better instead of taking delight in ramming a specific political agenda down the opposing party’s throat.

https://samharris.org/podcasts/145-information-war/
                  That line right there is pure nonsense. The Russians did have some fun wit the elections, they did attempt to create some chaos but they in no way " swayed the election" CNN, MSNBC, youtube,twitter,college campuses, Facebook....etc. They all had a bigger influence on the election. They are still having a larger impact on America in general then any Russians could dream of having.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                    The ol’ tell a lie long enough and it becomes the truth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Yep.. Been used for years but the Dems and MSM have take it to a level never before seen... And people fall for it.. SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      That line right there is pure nonsense. The Russians did have some fun wit the elections, they did attempt to create some chaos but they in no way " swayed the election" CNN, MSNBC, youtube,twitter,college campuses, Facebook....etc. They all had a bigger influence on the election. They are still having a larger impact on America in general then any Russians could dream of having.
                      Absolutley.... Russian influence over our elections doesn't even make the list of top 25 biggest issues this country is faced with at the moment yet the left and the MSM are obsessed with it... It's all they have.. It's a diversion tactic.. Smoke and mirrors....

"Keep as many people focused away from all the good that is going on in this country under the Trump Addmin" is their only goal...

Comment

Ignorance is influencing our elections more than anything including the Russians. Both political parties areprimirly full of "deadbeat" SOBs but they have the American voter fulled, divided and at each other's throats too much to notice or do anything about the politician's inept job performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          Ignorance is influencing our elections more than anything including the Russians. Both political parties areprimirly full of "deadbeat" SOBs but they have the American voter fulled, divided and at each other's throats too much to notice or do anything about the politician's inept job performance.
                          Bullseye!!!! DC needs a massive purge but nobody can get that done it appears.. Total corruption in every corner..

Comment

Thats good stuff.
                            I watch it several times a year.
                            yep, good stuff right there; but I REALLY like the ones on and after election night!

Comment

You forgot the DNC. They had more of an impact on the Presidential election than anyone. Hell Hillary couldnt even win the Democrat primary unless it was rigged in her favor. I still am in shock about how Bernie supporters could get behind Hillary after she stole the nomination from him.

Comment

Looking back, I can agree with that. I haven’t investigated to what degree any meddling actually caused Hitlery to lose states she thought she should have won. It’s true that Trump blew her out of the water in the electoral college. The point of my original post was not election oriented, so I should have omitted that part. It is true however that there is an organized effort to manipulate data and social events to cause conflict and divisiveness in our population. It is more insidious than MSM and fake news, because it uses bait that we hadn’t caught onto as bait yet. I wanted folks to listen to the discussion so that they could arm themselves with awareness to help prevent taking the bait in the future.

Truthfully, I’d like to do an experiment at a protest where in the midst of people going full 2 Minutes Hate, a handful of the opposing side extends a handshake and an offer to sit down, pick something to work on together, and see if there’s a way to actually solve something that matters despite being from opposing sides.

Comment

Working...
                                X