Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford…7th edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford…7th edition

Hello Gents!

I am terribly late getting this thread up this year, my apologies.

As in years past, let’s keep everyone updated in regard to trail cam pics, LDP’s, hunting/rut conditions, food pics, or anything else that you would like to share.

Looking forward to another great season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in like Flynn.

Comment

LFG!!! Hit 59 degrees in Albany early AM with winds out of the NW. Cant imagine a summer in Texas being any less stressful on the animals. Put cameras out last week and headed out for our annual work weekend on 8/12, will give them a look then. Despite how green things have been, they continue to crush the protein, even during the spring green-up. I've got unrealistically high expectations for the season!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
        LFG!!! Hit 59 degrees in Albany early AM with winds out of the NW. Cant imagine a summer in Texas being any less stressful on the animals. Put cameras out last week and headed out for our annual work weekend on 8/12, will give them a look then. Despite how green things have been, they continue to crush the protein, even during the spring green-up. I've got unrealistically high expectations for the season!

I agree…really look forward to this season!

Comment

I agree…should be a great season!

Comment

Mowed all of the interior roads, as well as around the house. Filled feeders and set up trail cams, as well.

Headed back next weekend to prepare for a couple of co-workers who are headed up the last week of August to hunt hogs.

Comment

In Coleman county. Have a few decent bucks on camera but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Anyone hunt near Deep Creek in N Callahan? 310?

Comment

New property owner in runnels county. I’ve had it since January and so far a few good looking youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                    New property owner in runnels county. I’ve had it since January and so far a few good looking youngsters.

Welcome Erik...great looking deer!

Comment

Was able to mow all of our food plots this weekend, as well as plow/disc.

Comment

The rain came right as we were plowing, which was a huge blessing, and helped soften the ground.

Checked cameras, filled feeders, and was nice to see these deer on camera.

Haven’t seen our (2) biggest deer that I’m fairly certain survived last season, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                          Anyone hunt near Deep Creek in N Callahan? 310?

I’ve never hunted in that area, but I have seen some nice deer while passing through.

Comment

I’m in Callahan county between Baird and Coleman off 283. I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get setup yet but plan to get started in the next week or so

Comment

Just back from a 4 day work weekend, should have things ready to go for the season. Couple of observations...the sunflower fields everywhere look great but dove are few and far between. Had a couple locals tell me the feb freeze did a number on the local birds and i certainly believe it...
                              The deer look great as do most of the other animals. Still plowing thru the the protein even when we were greened up, so makes me think numbers are strong. Still missing a few big guys we know made it through the season, but have a couple 150ish mature deer that are regulars. Also, lots of good up and comers.
                              Any turkey reports? Didn't see or hear any this weekend and hope they fared ok in Feb...

Comment

Working...
                              X