Started the season a little early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started the season a little early.

On armadillos that is. Had 1 tearing up our flower bed for about 2 weeks. Never in the lawn though. Wife was wanting to try internet ideas, that I said were a joke which she did not like. I said the only way was to stay up and kill it when it showed up. Well, after going to sleep that night, I woke up at 2 a.m. for a bathroom run and though I would look outside. He was right off the patio, rooting up the flower bed. Got shotgun and wife(with flashlight) and came back. He would not run off , so I shot him point blank in the flower bed. I was my wife`s hero and strutted for a day. No more armadillo..... Until the next morning(Yesterday). Walked out to shop only to find my lawn........my FN lawn had been rooted up by another diller. Set my alarm on my phone for 2 and 4 last night to do patrol. Did a sweep of the lawn at 10 and no diller yet. Checked all neighbors property with flashlight(2 acre tracts) and nothing visible. Still not sleepy so watched tv for another hour till sleepy. Looked out bedroom window(at 11 p.m.) towards my shop as I was turning off bedroom tv and there the **** thing was. I grabbed the old 870 Wingmaster that was already loaded and went out the front door and around house till he was visible with the help of the light on my shop. Put him down with a 50' shot. I am now 2 for 2 so far in diller hunting and hope that is all of them........ I plan on being in a tree Saturday for the opener and hope my luck will carry over to deer hunting. I`m done.

12 gauge?? Geez!! Must be really mad at em!!

Happy wife, happy life!

Comment

Well, I can tell you I'm mad enough at a diller to use a 12 gauge or whatever is necessary to take the sucker out!! Was at one of my set ups at the house this weekend and noticed my blind was all cocked over and leaning... It's a big hard side stand on short legs (about 18" long)... I cleared the berry vines and briers back a bit so I could look under it... Dang "diller" dug a hole under the stand and tunneled under one leg... His hole caved in and the leg went down into the hole!! Gotta get the tractor in there now and pick the sucker up and move it enough so it won't fall back into the dang diller hole!!

Comment

Don't use a .22... My neighbor put a .22 bullet through the other neighbors master bathroom window. They are on 6+ acre lots, luckily it was the weekend and nobody was home.

Comment

My grandmother had a wooden Louisville slugger behind the door that was blood stained from dillers and possums until the day she died. Wish I would have grabbed it but I was too young to know what would be worth keeping in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
            My grandmother had a wooden Louisville slugger behind the door that was blood stained from dillers and possums until the day she died. Wish I would have grabbed it but I was too young to know what would be worth keeping in the end.
            I kept a shovel on the back porch.............

Comment

I have new dilla sign in the yard as of last night. He will die.

I've kept them at bay for the last couple years with cayenne pepper (bought a 15lb bag off Amazon for ~$20), occasionally dusting the flower beds and yard perimeter. I started dusting the CP after "removing" 11 in an 8 night span.

I've treated my yard for everything they supposedly eat that, so I'm now convinced that they're just *** holes.

Comment

I had armadillo issues at my house. After shooting several, I bought the armadillo trap. Caught over 10 in a couple months. Thought I had the problem solved, until a couple weeks ago. Put the trap back out and caught 2 more. Guess it's going to be a never ending battle.

Comment

I keep a trap going all the time---best I ever did was 33 one fall in 60 days. I have trapped and relocated about 12-15 in the last 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                  X