Barking dog deterrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
    It has nothing to do with working nights. Hell you don’t think retired people are entitled to peace and quiet? It has everything to do with being a responsible pet owner and not being an a hole neighbor.
    This......................
    Dogs, "usually" bark for a reason............. That's their job.........
    If your a responsible owner, you go out, and see why they're
    barking..... If there's no threat.... Then, shut the dam dog up......
    You not only have a responsibility, to the dog...........
    You certainly have one.... To be a good neighbor............

Comment

Anti Freeze sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Folks this dog has been barking a lot. My wife sleeps during the day, when the dog doesn’t wake her up. All this culminated yesterday when I went out in front of his home and literally screamed for him to shut the damm dog up.
        I had gone to his house a couple of weeks ago, knocked on the door, rang the door bell with no answer. Cars were out front and behind the locked gate. This has been going on for months.
        An hour later he shows up at my front door wearing a UFC Fighting Championship shirt. I went outside and we basically went at it, verbally. I did the real Christian thing and called him a punk arse bi ach. Went on for 39 minutes. At the end we shook hands and nothing was settled.
        Do any of y’all know of an ultra sound deal that hurts dogs ears when the bark, or stops em from barking. Has to be effective over 100 feet away
        Be advised these types of devices are VERY iffy both in terms of quality and effectiveness. Some breeds will actually respond to the noise MORE aggressively with INCREASED barking. My good friend has a dog that would bark very occasionally. His neighbor got one of those things and hung it on the fence turned up full blast, full sensitivity...didn't end well. The thing started triggering all the time and blasting my buddie's dog with noise which caused him to bark constantly. It took a while for my buddy to figure out what was going on and when he found out he was pizzed. Turned the device off and he all but quit barking

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Hope this thing works. I just ordered one.

Comment

Maybe he's barking because he's cold. Give him a bowl of antifreeze.

Comment

Little late now for you, but often they are neglected dogs the owner doesn't really want. Asking if they ever want to give the dog away/sell give you first option. Then you can find a good home, far away, for it later

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Hope this thing works. I just ordered one.
                In to see if this works.

Comment

The universal 200 year old cures have already been posted in this thread.
                  Fly Bait (cuz the flies are making him bark all day)
                  Antifreeze injected biscuit (cuz hes cold and hungry so hes barking all day)

Just think you can be the forever cure to all this poor dogs problems....

Comment

Not the dogs fault. It’s the A hole neighbor that’s not man enough to tell his daughter that her dog is causing problems with peoples sleep. My wife works in the ER and covid unit. How many of y’all can honestly say that you want a tired doctor or nurse working on your loved one or yourself?
                    It is not incumbent on me to make adjustments for a barking dog. A dogs rights to bark do not supersede a persons right to a peaceful day or nights sleep. I would never poison the dog or assault the owners. I’m ****** because no one else had the balls to confront these people and it was left to a 65 year old. Go figure, again.

Comment

Years ago a rather large Tom bobcat somehow got in the yard with a former all night barker in my neighborhood.

Comment

And?

Comment

So what I have done in the past is wrap a couple benedryl in cheese or piece of meat. Slip it to the dog and he goes night night.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                            Not the dogs fault. It’s the A hole neighbor that’s not man enough to tell his daughter that her dog is causing problems with peoples sleep. My wife works in the ER and covid unit. How many of y’all can honestly say that you want a tired doctor or nurse working on your loved one or yourself?
                            It is not incumbent on me to make adjustments for a barking dog. A dogs rights to bark do not supersede a persons right to a peaceful day or nights sleep. I would never poison the dog or assault the owners. I’m ****** because no one else had the balls to confront these people and it was left to a 65 year old. Go figure, again.
                            My own dogs are barking as we speak, some kids are walking down the ditch behind the house making noises and playing tag. Wife had a shift last night and a shift tonight coming up and she's sound asleep in the bedroom unaware of the barking dogs because she's got a nice oscillating fan on drowning out all the random noises. It may not be incumbent for you to make adjustments, but sometimes that's the easiest thing to do to solve the problem. The fan works great for neighbors mowing their lawns, FedEx trucks, trash trucks, etc. If the goal is for your wife to get some sleep please give it a try, if the goal is to win a pissing match with the neighbor about some barking then carry on. It's also possible that other people around you have plenty of balls and they don't see it as being as big of a deal as you do?

Comment

Just start throwing corn and dead squirrels over the fence?

Comment

They we’re gripping about it as well. That the only way I would have know it. I’ll probably wait and get Bayou Boys report on the deterrant device. Hopefully it will be positive. I hate spend it the money but don’t wanna call police either. Ideal scenario is he takes responsibility for his daughters dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X