• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie Bros. Auctions

Anyone with any experience buying this way. If so please share

Thanks

Don't buy anything, but drop stuff of all the time from work

Comment

Don't buy sight unseen. Go check out what you want.

Equipment auctions are notorious for putting lipstick on a pig.

Comment

I bought a portable bathroom one time. Pretty cool. It was like a small office trailer on Duel axles with separate toilet closet, urinal, and two showers. Had a double sink and a hot water heater and window ac unit. Bought it for the lease. I believe I paid $1600 for it. Never set it up cause we found a mobile home and moved it in.
        I went to the yard and walked thru the 10-12 of them they had. Picked my top three. Went to the auction and bid on and got my #1 pick.
        That place is huge with a ton of stuff. Pretty interesting.

Comment

Good outfit. Like said above. Take the time to check things out on the viewing days then bid accordingly.

Comment

It's definitely buyer be ware. Check out what ever you plan on buying. A trick I've seen is a prospective buyer will leave the key on so following buyers find a dead battery and can't check the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Anyone with any experience buying this way. If so please share

Thanks
              Go in person and check your targets out well. Depends on how many buyers are bidding so you might get a hell of a deal. Figure out your top bid ahead of time and stick to it.
              I buy more off GovDeals than Ritchie Bros.

Comment

If it has fresh paint, you probably don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  If it has fresh paint, you probably don't want it.
                  That is my policy on equipment, vehicles and women.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                    I buy more off GovDeals than Ritchie Bros.
                    This.

I always call the shop that worked on whatever it is I'm bidding on and get the inside scoop.

Everything I have bought on Gov Deals & Go Dove was being handled by the company or government that was selling it's shop.

Comment

A bunch of great responses so far, I have been buying & selling with RB Auction for years, my son was a territory mgr. for them also. Have several good friends there as well. Shoot me a PM if you want more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought quite a bit of equipment from them when I was in the dirt business, and sold our entire outfit when we downsized. A couple pieces were very good bargains, a couple not so much, most were just average buys. My partner was good at buying equipment and we always had our mechanic look at the stuff we were interested in.

Comment

I buy tractors at farm auctions all the time, mostly Farm equipment though, with JD store owners whispering in my ear “Dont do it”. I farm with lots of used junk, ask Moser

Comment

Also check out Auction time
                            They seem to have more stuff and more auction dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys come across JD 8400 tractors stashed in a barn with 5000 hours on small acreage let me know. Before all the crap was added on that spits codes and needs a NASA flunky astronaut to work on it

Comment

Working...
                              X