Superstitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superstitious

No matter the title you use. What is your superstitious routine before heading to your stand?

Me, I make sure that I have my very 1st pocket knife on me. I bought it at WalMart as a kid for $14. Old green shrade folder. Only time I carry it is during hunting season.

Oh. And snack bag. Don't want to starve in the stand!

Superstitions are a Sin brother ;-)

Comment

No superstitions here.

Comment

I have no superstitious at all. IMO they are dumb. If it works for you then great

Comment

I have a knife I've been carrying for almost 20 years. Granted - I've lost it a few times and found it a few times. Bought a new one when I couldn't find the old. I think I'm on my 3rd one now. They don't make them anymore so it can be a pain trying to find it again. It's the SOG Pentagon Elite. So that one definetely goes with me everytime I go out. I've got another one that's a razor sharp fixed blade I keep in my other pocket. That's my "worst case scenario" knife.

You will not find me in the woods without both of those at a minimum. Sometimes I'll strap on the KaBar depending on my mood. I also make sure to always have my GPS on so my fiancee can find my general wherabouts if I don't make it home.

Comment

I don't go on a morning hunt without TP.

Comment

You know it is unlucky to be superstitious, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                Superstitions are a Sin brother ;-)
                Maybe I should have titled ritual.... Either way looking for those weird things we do. We ALL do them.

Comment

Wouldn't call it a superstition but I have some family traditions passed down many a generations from my native roots. Has to do with finding shed horns while hunting.

Comment

I take TP, but I'd rather not get caught with my pants down so I also pop a couple Pepto in the morning and that calms things right on down.

Comment

Take a leak before leaving the house.

Comment

My superstition is having a lucky nut. Not sure what kind of nut, but about the size of a walnut. Had it for 20 or so years after some buddies and I picked them up on the way to a hunt. No it isn't lucky and we just thought nut jokes were cool at the time. I just keep it in my backpack for nostalgia.

My ritual is fighting through brush with a treestand wondering why I didn't pick a less infuriating hobby.

Comment

No superstitions, but I make sure I don't eat a meal that will have the tax man calling around mid morning.

Comment

I'm very unhappy if I don't have a warm cup of coffee with me on my morning hunts. There's something about being in the woods on a cool/cold morning and having a steaming cup of coffee running down to my belly. But...you all know what comes along with that! So I can understand why a lot of hunters pass on taking coffee to the stand.

Comment

I'm not Super Stitious, but I am a Little Stitious

-Michael Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X