Vac sealer bags .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vac sealer bags .

Needed to break down and order me some more bags . What do y’all recommend?

Get a chamber vac instead. I spent the same money on vacuum bags last few years as I did on the chamber vac machine. Chamber vac bags are only a few cents. Like 250 bags for $5-10.

Comment

Vac sealer bags .

Originally posted by waterspiderpd27 View Post
      Get a chamber vac instead. I spent the same money on vacuum bags last few years as I did on the chamber vac machine. Chamber vac bags are only a few cents. Like 250 bags for $5-10.

I got a nice sealer with a 12 bar . Just need bags .

Comment

I ventured away from the foodsaver bags this year and I've had a much better seal using these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

My sealer is a budget model foodsaver.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          I ventured away from the foodsaver bags this year and I've had a much better seal using these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

My sealer is a budget model foodsaver.

I switched to these same ones, no complaints so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd for chamber vac. We use it weekly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like LEM bags

Comment

I have a FoodSaver and use these bags ... been very pleased as I use the 6x10 and 8x12

https://jvrinc.com/product-category/...eal-bags-rolls

I buy 100 of each and shipping is $6
                Last edited by Cajun Blake; 06-21-2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I like the massive rolls from Bass Pro Shop and I measure meat and cut to size. Yellow box…maybe Cabelas brand at BP…? I forget exactly.
                  Pre-Processing this past fall I accidentally bought 2 boxes of 50’ x 12-13” rolls and Ive got the 11” Silver FoodSaver. Well… I opened one package of 50’ by larger-than-11” Sealer inches. What the heck am I to do with 50’ of unusable roll? It took a couple nights of cogitating for it to dawn on me. I started sealing on 45 degree ish angles to make rhomboidal angled seals for quarters larger than 11” 90degee seal sacks… whole quarters in one hexagonal/octagonal sack. Sometimes Id dog ear the ends. 4 to 6 seals per sack versus 2 seals per sack. Worked pretty well. The seals were good and sacks sturdy on the BP brand.

Good luck MrStrummer.
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-21-2022, 10:14 PM. Reason: DogEaredSacksSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    I got a nice sealer with a 12 bar . Just need bags .
                    Chamber type or suction?

Comment

I have a food saver brand sealer. It has the chamber “I think, it’s an attachment on it”. I’ve only used the opening at the bottom. What’s the advantage of using the chamber?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I have a food saver brand sealer. It has the chamber “I think, it’s an attachment on it”. I’ve only used the opening at the bottom. What’s the advantage of using the chamber?
                        None that's not a chamber vac

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wevac 8” x 12” 200 Count Food Vacuum Sealer Bags Keeper, PreCut Quart, Ideal for Food Saver, BPA Free, Commercial Grade, Great for storage, meal prep and Sous Vide https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096RBVQ8Z...ing=UTF8&psc=1

These have been working great for me. I have a Regular ole food saver brand sealer.

It would take several thousand bags to make up the cost of a chamber sealer. I don’t see the advantage in that for me. I’d rather have a cheaper, easier to move and store sealer.
                          Last edited by Hunteraudit; 06-22-2022, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Out of Air brand bags are the best bang for the buck I've found by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                              Wevac 8” x 12” 200 Count Food Vacuum Sealer Bags Keeper, PreCut Quart, Ideal for Food Saver, BPA Free, Commercial Grade, Great for storage, meal prep and Sous Vide https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096RBVQ8Z...ing=UTF8&psc=1

These have been working great for me. I have a Regular ole food saver brand sealer.

It would take several thousand bags to make up the cost of a chamber sealer. I don’t see the advantage in that for me. I’d rather have a cheaper, easier to move and store sealer.
                              The problem is those cheaper sealers dont last or stand up. After I went through about 3 of them is when I decided to quit wasting money.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X