No announcement yet.

Unsafe passing on 2 lane road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No min unless posted in Tx. Most Interstates are posted 45 posted. Other than that it would be impeding traffic- but there is no min speed limit in TX like there is in a few other states

Comment

Sounds like a no fault to me. It is obvious the lane was already occupied by the other vehicle before the officer entered it, without signaling his intentions I would have found the officer was equally at fault. Who exactly has the right of way at the point of collision? Drivers Ed taught my to flash my brakes several times to show my intention of slowing even. Turn signals are there for a reason. They should have been on even before slowing to prevent this. Not using turn signals is a ticketable offense so is failure to yield right of way.

Comment

The Fuzz is never guilty !
        We all know this.

Comment

I still say both should have gotten tickets from DPS. Then determine the cause of accident and I'd say they share the cause 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Judge is crooked if all of those facts are true and nothing was left out of your version
            Had an issue in Co. and the lawyer against us said openly in court "I'm sorry you feel this way and we discussed it last night over dinner at the judges house and your gonna loose!" Guess what....I lost

Comment

Our lease is on a very lightly traveled fm road. I was turning left into the gate and a guy almost smoked me going about 80 passing me. If I would have turned 1 second earlier he would have hit me broadside and goodnight. There is a soft 90 degree turn about 300 yards past our gate. I don't know how he made that?

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                And if the roles were reversed the sheriff would have gotten the ticket?
                I’m just going to point out how dumb of a question that is. Not a chance in he’ll “the man” gets a ticket. We all should know better than to ask that question.

Comment

Was it in a passing zone? I never saw that answered, if it has been answered sorry I missed it

Comment

Yes it was a passing zone

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                      And if the roles were reversed the sheriff would have gotten the ticket?
                      No, obviously you dont understand the thin blue line.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        Similar deal but different outcome. Officer cited me for speeding on a road that was not posted at all, when I asked about that he said the road that got me to this road was posted at 30 so that carried over. I did some legal research and represented myself in front of a jury and won.

I lost more in missed income than the ticket cost but it was the principle.
                        Yeah, part of me wishes I'd the wherewithal to go that route, just on principle. But at the end of the day I just didn't have time. That list of horses gotta get done every week!

But what got to me the most is how the CA and my attorney both seemed to acknowledge the game that was being played at my expense. This, and stories like this, is why Trump is such a phenomenon.

Comment

This scenario happened to a coworker last week, but wasn’t LEO.
                          Dash cam showed the driver turning left had no signal or brake lights, he got the ticket.
                          My coworker didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            Our lease is on a very lightly traveled fm road. I was turning left into the gate and a guy almost smoked me going about 80 passing me. If I would have turned 1 second earlier he would have hit me broadside and goodnight. There is a soft 90 degree turn about 300 yards past our gate. I don't know how he made that?
                            Sorry Dave but there was a giant on our wheat field

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                              The Fuzz is never guilty !
                              We all know this.
                              Rules for thee, not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                                Sorry Dave but there was a giant on our wheat field
                                I knew I recognized that rig

Comment

Working...
                                X