Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    To quote a great man, “you can’t be first…but you can be next!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just don't be last!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      I think you are right. I wasnt for all this time, then it seems like all of the sudden it hit me. Not sure why. Its strange because I am very independent and rarely get lonely.

And I agree with okrattler mostly. Except rosy palm lost her luster a long time ago.....
      No, this is wrong thinking. With Rosie Palmer you can be with anybody you want. Blake Lively, done. Rachel McAdams, done. And so on...

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        No, this is wrong thinking. With Rosie Palmer you can be with anybody you want. Blake Lively, done. Rachel McAdams, done. And so on...

Too wet - wipe it off
        Too dry - spit on it
        Too loose - grip it
        Etc

No reason it’s not the perfect piece [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Too wet - wipe it off
          Too dry - spit on it
          Too loose - grip it
          Etc

No reason it’s not the perfect piece [emoji6]
          Hahaha, WORD!

Comment

If it had tits, the population wouldn’t be so out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Not an option, yet. After a few more months of involuntary celibacy, I will re-evaluate.

Celibacy is never involuntary. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                No, this is wrong thinking. With Rosie Palmer you can be with anybody you want. Blake Lively, done. Rachel McAdams, Chuck And so on...

Fify
                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  If it had tits, the population wouldn’t be so out of control.

Less marriages,less divorce,less child support,less suicides,less murders,fewer people in prison,healthier bank accounts and the list could go on from there.

A wild imagination can get a guy further in life than we'd like to think.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    Question. What exactly is wrong with being alone? I've been both and it's a lot simpler to be by yourself. Nobody to answer to whatsoever. Never have any disagreements unless you have a split personality. I can name all kinds of benefits of being alone. You might say "what about sex?" What about it? You remember what you did about it when you were a teenager? You didn't lose your hands in the divorce did ya?

I live by myself and I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't need anyone to talk to. That gets annoying after a while. If you have to just pay for it. She'll talk to you and afterwards she'll go home. You don't have to buy it. Renting is just as easy and in the long run way cheaper. Just ask anyone that's ever been married....Or divorced. Don't let anyone tell you it's wrong to do that. Because lets face it. We all pay for it whether directly or indirectly. Anyone that tells you otherwise is full of it.

Your heart probably hasn't healed from your last relationship. But I'm gonna tell you something. It's like having a dog that you've had for years. Then one day that dog runs out in the street and gets killed. Pretty devastating right? Then one day you go get a new puppy and you kind of forget about that other one you had. Ain't no different. There's a whole world full of heart healers. Just don't let your heart do so much of your thinking next time. Sometimes your wiener and your heart have conversations and before you know it your heart is a liar and you start making stupid choices like.....Oh I don't know.....getting married.

I'm not Dr. Phil. I'm Dr. Real....and I just told you the truth.

Keep telling yourself that, and you MAY actually convince yourself of this…but you won’t convince anybody else. Plus…if you grow old, you will grow old lonely with no loving family to care for you, no children to carry on your family tree, no satisfaction of watching your kids grow to successful adulthood, now grandchildren to adore you; then you will die a lonely man.

If you choose to remain single, that’s fine, but don’t be peeing in our boots and trying to convince us it’s raining!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Keep telling yourself that, and you MAY actually convince yourself of this…but you won’t convince anybody else. Plus…if you grow old, you will grow old lonely with no loving family to care for you, no children to carry on your family tree, no satisfaction of watching your kids grow to successful adulthood, now grandchildren to adore you; then you will die a lonely man.

If you choose to remain single, that’s fine, but don’t be peeing in our boots and trying to convince us it’s raining!!!
                      I don't have to convince anyone of anything. Any single man with half a brain knows it's the truth. What worked for you 50 years ago don't work in todays world. Dating is a whole different ballgame. Entirely different. You grew up in and dated in years when it was still legal to slap a woman around a little if she got out of hand. Now days they do it just to show you they can. Things have changed. Yes, it's better to be single. Less of a headache.

You can talk about it all you want. I'm sure it's great having kids. But it's not great having to pay child support. And that's becoming the new thing now days. And 90% of the time the woman ain't using that money to raise that kid.

Trust me it's not the same. Hasn't been for a while. I'd rather die with money in my pocket than a broke lonely old man. Promises and vows don't mean nothing to most people in today's world. The divorce rate in this country is through the roof. When you say "I do" and make a baby with someone you're gambling on losing over half your belongings and most of your paycheck from that point forward. I'm not holding anyone back. If you want your life to suck go for it. That's on you.

Sure if you find the right woman that won't happen. But they don't have a sign around their neck showing you which ones to choose. Anyone that's been married for the past 20 years either got lucky or they just married a really sneaky one. Or they just just figure it's cheaper to keep her and put up with it. When you're 30 or younger it's even worse. Hell now days you ain't really even sure if you're on a date with a woman that was born a woman. Guess that's one way to avoid child support but that's not a very good option.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 08-21-2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I don't have to convince anyone of anything. Any single man with half a brain knows it's the truth. What worked for you 50 years ago don't work in todays world. Dating is a whole different ballgame. Entirely different. You grew up in and dated in years when it was still legal to slap a woman around a little if she got out of hand. Now days they do it just to show you they can. Things have changed. Yes, it's better to be single. Less of a headache.

You can talk about it all you want. I'm sure it's great having kids. But it's not great having to pay child support. And that's becoming the new thing now days. And 90% of the time the woman ain't using that money to raise that kid.

Trust me it's not the same. Hasn't been for a while. I'd rather die with money in my pocket than a broke lonely old man. Promises and vows don't mean nothing to most people in today's world. The divorce rate in this country is through the roof. When you say "I do" and make a baby with someone you're gambling on losing over half your belongings and most of your paycheck from that point forward. I'm not holding anyone back. If you want your life to suck go for it. That's on you.

Sure if you find the right woman that won't happen. But they don't have a sign around their neck showing you which ones to choose. Anyone that's been married for the past 20 years either got lucky or they just married a really sneaky one. Or they just just figure it's cheaper to keep her and put up with it. When you're 30 or younger it's even worse. Hell now days you ain't really even sure if you're on a date with a woman that was born a woman. Guess that's one way to avoid child support but that's not a very good option.
                        WOW! As I said:

Originally posted by Burnadell;

Comment

I have been there at the same age, enjoy life and there are more fish in the sea that you can count!!! Also, if it Flies, Floats, or F***s, rent it!!!!

Comment

This thread just gets better every day

Edit: Good grief

Comment

What's that money gona do for you when your dead? Not a **** thing.

I agree on some things you said but that money in your pocket doesn't amount to crap when your gone. Might as well spend it while your here enjoying yourself or passing it on to your kids. Kids are a blessing you will never understand until you have one of ypur own.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                What's that money gona do for you when your dead? Not a **** thing.

I agree on some things you said but that money in your pocket doesn't amount to crap when your gone. Might as well spend it while your here enjoying yourself or passing it on to your kids. Kids are a blessing you will never understand until you have one of ypur own.
                                If I die with cash in my pocket that means I had every intention of going out that day and having the freedom to do whatever makes me happy. If having kids is what a person wants out of life, that's great. I just know how marriage and relationships in general go. It's in no way the kid's fault. But that child support is only going to go one way. From the man to the woman, 9 times out of 10. I have friends that can't do anything but work and live paycheck to paycheck because the woman they knocked up decided one day she wasn't in love anymore. And that's literally all it takes for that to happen. I value my time and money too much to be wasting it on lawyers and everything that goes along with it.

I'm not saying that's how it goes every time. But I've seen it happen enough times to make a believer out of me. I don't want to move in with my parents at 33 years old because I can't afford to pay for food,fuel,utilities and clothes,etc. Plus forking over half my paycheck to a woman who refuses to work because she's living off of that money plus welfare and whatever else. No......ain't gonna happen.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 08-21-2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X