No announcement yet.

LEO opinions on catalytic converter theft deterrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apoxy razor blades where they grab and pull after cutting. At least there will be a blood trail!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      4WD? Or 2WD?

You are looking at the wrong plates. My plates (4WD) cover to right at the end of the back two cats. They could cut the muffler pipe at the back of the second cat but can’t access the front of the back cats. Waste of time for them.

They do make shields that cover even further back than my Desert Eagle Off-road shield.. like the Valhalla with the two additional shields as well. KW at Desert Eagle is literally right down the road from me so I chose them. If for some reason they ever defeat mine and it seems physically impossible, I’ll roll with the longer sets.
      2013 4wd! Is Desert Eagle still around? My buddy lives right down the road from them as well. Could get him to meet me at the lake and bring me a set!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        2013 4wd! Is Desert Eagle still around? My buddy lives right down the road from them as well. Could get him to meet me at the lake and bring me a set!

Yes....I was at his place updating my security bolts two weeks ago.

Comment

Not mine but cool

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can just walk under my lifted Tacoma and cut it...really need to get something installed soon. Going to look into these valhalla's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
              I had a thread about my Tundra a few weeks back when I got hit. The cost it $5300 (they did other damage cutting them off) and a 6 month wait.

I just ordered these to install when I get my truck back. Good reviews on a Tundra forum and they have front and back plates and security bolts.

07+ Tundra and 08+ Sequoia catalytic converter theft deterrent plates

Another TBHer texted me the other day to ask where I got the straight pipe welded on. He was in Dallas from Houston on business and got his cut off his Tundra at dinner.

Me and my son installed his last night. It was kind of a PIA with the rough country lift. But they are solid. I picked mine up from Tyler’s house in cypress.

I slept a little better last night knowing we had protected his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                What's the purpose? Why would this be a deterent?
                Exactly. the shady places they sell them to don't care if they are painted, etched or any other markers

Comment

Portland Oregon busted ring with over 20,000 in storage and in containers ready to ship, saw several in pictures that were painted
                  Think the plate looks more like a deterrent

Comment

Another problem tracking these idiots. They use paper plates. When you run the plates in a LP reader you get about 30-40 cars with the same temp tag with hundreds of hits . And its never the right make or model

Comment

I have a solution. Go on ebay and buy the look a like CAT that passes inspection, take the factory one off, and sell it to buy a tuner for the truck that deletes the CAT sensors. Plus you will get more power and those 6mpg Toyotas will now get 15mpg.

Comment

Paint orange- at least the recycle places won’t take them and more than likely they will just cut the next one in parking lot

Comment

I just got the Miller cat shield with the extension. Best one for the tundra.

Protect your 2007-2021 Toyota Tundra RWD with our latest catalytic converter shield. Precision designed and engineered to fit and protect vehicles with OEM converters. Protect against catalytic converter theft and order now!
                          Last edited by spread5150; 08-18-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
                            Apoxy razor blades where they grab and pull after cutting. At least there will be a blood trail!!!
                            Frankly, I's like to figure out a way, to drop the whole truck
                            on'em...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              What in the corn Cobb hell is that? Looks like you put pants on your exhaust LMAO… The only way that’s slowing anybody down from cutting it off is from laughter

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                                What in the corn Cobb hell is that? Looks like you put pants on your exhaust LMAO… The only way that’s slowing anybody down from cutting it off is from laughter
                                Go to their web site and watch the video. These are for real...

Comment

Working...
                                X