Drawing order by permit number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing order by permit number

I thought I recalled someone saying that you could tell what order you were drawn by your permit number. My permit number is 215536. Anyone recall how to decipher the drawing order from that?

It may have been true in the past, but I don’t think it’s valid anymore. I think they issue the permits in the drawn order, but they don’t always start with permit #01.

Comment

Wouldn't that depend on what hunt category, and hunt date(s) ya put in for? Being the categories are mostly on differing draw dates?

Comment

Does it matter if you were drawn first or last? I’d be happy to just get drawn!

Comment

You would need to know the permit number for the first applicant drawn for that hunt. If you know others drawn for the same hunt, you could tell if you were drawn before or after them.

The area won't know until all the permits are purchased and they receive the list of hunters.

Comment

Also depends on the area you're hunting. Some now just assigning pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
              Does it matter if you were drawn first or last? I’d be happy to just get drawn!
              Most of the WMA's use the order that you were drawn to let folks pick their compartment. I know that that's the way it's done at Matador and that's where I was drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                Most of the WMA's use the order that you were drawn to let folks pick their compartment. I know that that's the way it's done at Matador and that's where I was drawn.
                Same at the Chap at least before they started assigning for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                  I had no idea that’s how they did it. Thanks!

Comment

We drew numbers out of a hat at Gene Howe in 2020 (last time I drew a hunt). I've been on others where they used permit number to pick pastures/blinds. I've not been on one where they had hunt areas assigned.

Comment

Get a map of the areas so you can rank your preferences in advance. Then, if you are given a choice, you will be ready to decide based on what has not been selected already.

Comment

Working...
                      X