Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital super combo license. Yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of not having to deal with people behind the counter not getting it right makes it attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
      The idea of not having to deal with people behind the counter not getting it right makes it attractive.

I've renewed mine and my wife's super combo licenses online, the last 2 years. It's easy to do and they mail the physical license to you in about a week. You can use your receipt in the meantime. There's a $5 fee for it, but that's cheaper than driving to the store and dealing with the hassle. I was only charged 1 fee to renew both of our licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
        I've renewed mine and my wife's super combo licenses online, the last 2 years. It's easy to do and they mail the physical license to you in about a week. You can use your receipt in the meantime. There's a $5 fee for it, but that's cheaper than driving to the store and dealing with the hassle. I was only charged 1 fee to renew both of our licenses.
        This is what I’ve done in the past. I like It a lot better than having to Jack with going to the store.

Comment

Pass for me

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pass for me also, but in Reality it’s coming weather we like or not!

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
              I still ain’t got over that I don’t get an actual archery stamp (or “bow stamp” as we used to call em) to stick on my license! I collected them after every season, and got em in a picture frame. So yeah, I’ll stick with the paper license. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
              That gets me too

Also the fact I PAY for the extra archery season and muzzle gunners get 2 weeks free of the easiest deer in the world to kill. Cold and hungry deer

Comment

Going to Academy on the 15th is a good way to grab a case of shells for dove season.

I almost ordered my tags online last year but I'm not paying $5 when I've already bought my lifetime tags.

Comment

Can’t lose it, which is a bonus.
                  I like a belt and suspenders.

Comment

i bought the online license last year and never received it. after multiple emails i never even received a response. not a single one. i had to buy a replacement license at an extra cost to me just to have a license. bs

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
                      i bought the online license last year and never received it. after multiple emails i never even received a response. not a single one. i had to buy a replacement license at an extra cost to me just to have a license. bs
                      X2. Same thing happened to me. Tried for 2 months to get a copy. Finally had to do the same thing. Very frustrating.

Comment

Not interested

Comment

After reading it over I decided to try it this year. Seems pretty simple and there's good reception where I hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            After reading it over I decided to try it this year. Seems pretty simple and there's good reception where I hunt.
                            What are you thinking for the durable material to attach the number to the animals?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Going to Academy on the 15th is a good way to grab a case of shells for dove season.

I almost ordered my tags online last year but I'm not paying $5 when I've already bought my lifetime tags.
                              I don’t go to Academy, because they are notorious for messing up HIP and such. I have seen numerous incidents 8n the field where when being checked, folks didn’t have what they needed, even though they thought they did. Always pointed back to the Academy folks not putting endorsements on the printed license. Check before you leave the store you have everything.

I am luckily have a TPWD office around the corner from the house, so I just go there. I also get my sandhill crane endorsement at the same time, which used to only be able to do that at a TPWD office. Not sure if that is still the case.

We are MLD, so the exercise is purely for the proof of HIP and for the sandhill endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                                What are you thinking for the durable material to attach the number to the animals?
                                I was thinking writing the confirm number on a piece of duct tape and attaching it

Comment

Working...
                                X