2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Me,Mexico, Mayhem & Panhandlehunter hit it again. Wasn't as fast & furious as Monday ,plus a couple of guys had to be somewhere so we were off the water at 10;30. Still a great one. We released 6 trout & 2 reds to fight again. Justin & Philip took these & 3 more home. Philip had his 3 & left earlier. Great day on the water with even Better company! Thanks Again Guys for giving me the sled ride. Greatly Appreciated!!

Pic going down 288 this AM

Two of The Fish Masters!!! Mayhem & Mexico

Sunrise on the Bay!!

Fish Mayhem took home!
    Great job

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
      This year in the ULM has been an outstanding year. The freeze was like fertilizer for the fish... my buddy and I have had several 25s & 26s a 27, 29 and 30" trout. A couple of weeks ago I had 17 trout over 20". Also, reds have been stacked up all year in the same places and we have also caught flounder each trip. So, it's been a great year for me...

I even took my 11yo daughter on a kids tournament 2 weeks ago and she took heavy stringer, heavy trout, and 2nd heavy red!

Awesome to hear! Was down last weekend and wore the reds out drifting the flats. Caught a ton of trout on the CC bay front but not much size to them.

Comment

DUKFVR- man I may have to come potlick you guys and see what you guys are doing different than I am. It’s been a tough month for me
        On the trout. I catch enough for me and the bride but I have not had a 18-22 inch day in a long time. It’s been 14-17 and most have been under 17

Gonna go try deep cut of Mud Island in the morning.

Comment

This fishing trip turned into a great dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            DUKFVR- man I may have to come potlick you guys and see what you guys are doing different than I am. It’s been a tough month for me
            On the trout. I catch enough for me and the bride but I have not had a 18-22 inch day in a long time. It’s been 14-17 and most have been under 17

You are fishing too deep... I have caught 100+ trout over 17" this year and very few have been deeper than waist deep. Majority have been thigh deep or less on grasslines. The only trout that were deeper where on dropoffs from flats with heavy grass (knee deep to 6-8' in a matter of a couple feet).

Comment

I’ll try shallow over sand pockets in the morning. Seems like I go shallower than my waist I’m on reds. Oh well bad problem to have I guess
              Last edited by glen; 08-10-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Glen, we have struggled all summer. Bad winds, low tides, dirty water etc. Last week it has all come together. We are catching our fish in thigh to waist deep water on soft plastics. No certain brand or color.
                Good Luck in the AM!

Comment

Did alright today Glenn!

Comment

Me,Mexico, Mayhem & Panhandlehunter hit it again. Wasn't as fast & furious as Monday ,plus a couple of guys had to be somewhere so we were off the water at 10;30. Still a great one. We released 6 trout & 2 reds to fight again. Justin & Philip took these & 3 more home. Philip had his 3 & left earlier. Great day on the water with even Better company! Thanks Again Guys for giving me the sled ride. Greatly Appreciated!!

Sunrise on the Bay!!

Fish Mayhem took home!

Great work guys!

Comment

Sunrise on the Bay!!

Fish Mayhem took home!
                      2nd great trip I had to miss. I gotta change my priorities!

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Comment

Went gigging for about an hour before daylight. Got 4 between 15-19 inches. Trout fished same area. Sand grass shell mix. Caught about 5 but only 1 was over 17 inches. Fun times beautiful morning.

Comment

Went gigging for about an hour before daylight. Got 4 between 15-19 inches. Trout fished same area. Sand grass shell mix. Caught about 5 but only 1 was over 17 inches. Fun times beautiful morning.
                          Good Deal Glen!

Comment

Bite was on big time tonight in the surf when the pressure dropped from these storms rolling in. Had to keep an eye on the lightning to be sure it doesn't get too close.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Bite was on big time tonight in the surf when the pressure dropped from these storms rolling in. Had to keep an eye on the lightning to be sure it doesn't get too close.
                              Awesome, was going to head that way after lunch but may reconsider after watching this low build & build.

Comment

Already to much vested in tomorrow despite the weather forecast. Grabbing the boat and heading out to Surfside tomorrow. Figure I just toss a couple beach umbrella's in the boat and when we have a storm roll up on us I just bank the boat on the nearest shoreline get out of it and sit under the umbrellas and wait it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X