Vegetarian hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty8186 View Post
    I don't see a scenario where I could give up eating meat just to play doctor with women with hairy arm pits.
    Bahaha.

Comment

Wild Turkey neat or on ice ain’t bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        If you’re gonna try and convert him take him on an Axis hunt if he's gonna eat it. A wild turkey would make me turn vegetarian.
        You just don't know how to cook them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Wild Turkey neat or on ice ain’t bad.
          After a full bottle in one night...things could get bad!

Comment

I mean I’ve tried to hunt vegetarians, but I’ll hunt anything once. Just doesn’t seem like much of a challenge and the soy milk does a good job of keeping them small

On 2nd thought, pretty much everything I hunt is vegetarian, just not the 2 legged kind

Comment

I haven't eaten any animal products since 03-17-2021. Not even honey.

Went from 262lbs to 181lbs(6'-2"). 59 years old.

My reason was to get my health straight. I didn't want to take meds because I lacked the will power to control my eating.

My triglycerides went from 271 to 61 (should be below 150).
              LDL from 189 to 96 (should be below 100).
              HDL from 33 to 56 (should be above 40).
              Cholesterol/HDL ratio from 7.4 to 3 (should be below 5).
              Non hDL from 212 to 111 (should be below 130).
              LDL/HDL ratio from 5.7 to 1.7 (should be between 2.29 to 4.90).

The dogs will be eating fresh backstrap for supper in a couple months.

I still am a glutton. The secret is you can't eat enough plants to be a lard ***.

Originally the plan was to eat meat one day a week and check the bloodwork to see if it was heading to the danger zone. I realized that one day will turn to two days and before long I'd be back a 262lbs.

I can't control the quantity I eat, but it's easy from me to totally eliminate something.

Except for my back and hands, I feel like I'm 20 years old.

Comment

BTW, my tallywacker looks so big now it scared me one morning. Scared my wife too.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  I haven't eaten any animal products since 03-17-2021. Not even honey.

Went from 262lbs to 181lbs(6'-2"). 59 years old.

My reason was to get my health straight. I didn't want to take meds because I lacked the will power to control my eating.

My triglycerides went from 271 to 61 (should be below 150).
                  LDL from 189 to 96 (should be below 100).
                  HDL from 33 to 56 (should be above 40).
                  Cholesterol/HDL ratio from 7.4 to 3 (should be below 5).
                  Non hDL from 212 to 111 (should be below 130).
                  LDL/HDL ratio from 5.7 to 1.7 (should be between 2.29 to 4.90).

The dogs will be eating fresh backstrap for supper in a couple months.

I still am a glutton. The secret is you can't eat enough plants to be a lard ***.

Originally the plan was to eat meat one day a week and check the bloodwork to see if it was heading to the danger zone. I realized that one day will turn to two days and before long I'd be back a 262lbs.

I can't control the quantity I eat, but it's easy from me to totally eliminate something.

Except for my back and hands, I feel like I'm 20 years old.
                  That's badazz, game changer for sure.
                  Congrats.
                  Sometimes though, you just gotta eat a steak

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                    BTW, my tallywacker looks so big now it scared me one morning. Scared my wife too.
                    I'm vegan now. Thanks.

Comment

Well yes anytime you eliminate two whole food groups from your diet it’s a lot easier to stay in a calorie deficit. And as far as volume you get a lot of bang for your buck with vegetables and potatoes. A whole bag of frozen vegetables only has like 150 cal in it and if you eat an entire bag of broccoli and carrots you’re going to feel pretty full.
                      And yes reduction in body fat will improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels. You can get the same result eating lean animal protein, including wild game, and vegetables, as well as fruit, whole grains, dairy and healthy fats. Calorie deficit = fat loss. If you can’t count calories and don’t know the difference between calorie dense fatty meat like beef hamburger and ribeye and lean meat like venison, start by eliminating sugar and fried food.

Comment

We have a client that hunts with us like two or three times a year and he has alpha gal. He can’t eat red meat or pork and he doesn’t really like chicken or fish. The only meat he really eats is turkey. And he eats eggs. When he comes down it’s kind of a challenge preparing meals for him. We usually have to do something with ground turkey or some kind of vegetarian dish like veggie lasagna.

Comment

Working...
                        X