Any Gout Sufferers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
    My Dr. put me on colchicine for a while. After the flare up pasted, he took me off of it. I'm on the allopurinol now.

Mine is going to keep me on the Colchicine until the Uric acid levels are under control then I’ll get off of it but keep some close by in case of flare ups.

Comment

Yep, same thing I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        I've had about 8-10 flare-ups, the first was the worst one in 2018 after eating summer sausage. Both big toes hurt so bad I could barely walk the next day. Another time it was from shrimp, and another it was steak. This past Sunday evening I ate chicken parmesan with pasta. I woke up Monday morning with another flare-up in both toes. It took until today to finally stop hurting. Why chicken, or was it something else? I can't figure out why it's once every 3-4 months, when I eat shrimp and steak at least 3 or 4 times a month. I'll talk to my doctor about it the next time I see him.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I am currently having another flare up. I had a patty melt, fries and an iced tea for supper on Tuesday at a mom and pop place I haven't been to in years. I woke up Wednesday with my right big toe hurting. It still hurts as bad today as it did Wednesday morning, but it seems to be moving down the toe and into my foot. Taking 4 Ibuprofen has absolutely no effect. I had purchased some of the cherry extract pills when I found this thread before and started them today, but it is still the same so far. How many of them can you take? Anything else I should try?

Comment

Doc gave me prednisone. It helps but takes a few days. To really kill it.

Get on allopurinol Keith. Only way to stop flare ups Really. Never know what will trigger it.

Comment

Celery Seed and Cherry extract can be taken as regular supplements to help keep gout away long term and aid in urinary tract health. Alopurinol is the solution for most gout sufferers.

Some efforts outside of meds that help me, but do not have great effect for a couple days:
            A LOT of WATER
            Apple Cider Vinegar
            Ice bags for relief. NO heat.
            Once walking is manageable, walk a lot. Circulation.
            Zero aspirin or beer. The body produces uric acid to break these down in the system.
            Last edited by tigerscowboy; 08-05-2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Tart cherry juice and lots of water.

Comment

Go get a steroid shot, knocks it out in a few hrs

Comment

I take Endomethecin when I get a flare up. Also drink cherry juice and a lot of water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am currently having another flare up. I had a patty melt, fries and an iced tea for supper on Tuesday at a mom and pop place I haven't been to in years. I woke up Wednesday with my right big toe hurting. It still hurts as bad today as it did Wednesday morning, but it seems to be moving down the toe and into my foot. Taking 4 Ibuprofen has absolutely no effect. I had purchased some of the cherry extract pills when I found this thread before and started them today, but it is still the same so far. How many of them can you take? Anything else I should try?

This flare up has lasted over 2 weeks now. I just went to the doctor this afternoon and she put me on Indomethacin 3 times a day for the next week. I sure hope this help, I can barely manage to walk. Even the sheet touching my foot makes it hurt. She said my blood pressure medicine can cause flare ups, so we may need to change it.

Comment

I stop drinking unsweetened cherry juice, taking supplements, vinegar, and taking meds once the cherries come in season.

Just started coming in last week. Good for you and cheap. I've never had a flare up during fresh cherry season. 4-10/day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                        Go get a steroid shot, knocks it out in a few hrs
                        This does it. Relief within hours.

Comment

This flare up has lasted over 2 weeks now. I just went to the doctor this afternoon and she put me on Indomethacin 3 times a day for the next week. I sure hope this help, I can barely manage to walk. Even the sheet touching my foot makes it hurt. She said my blood pressure medicine can cause flare ups, so we may need to change it.

I hate this for you man. I’ve been there and then some. Had a huge flare up in my ankle on day one of a five day hunt in Canada. I hope you can get you some relief soon. The Indometh should help pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am probably an outlier in this conversation because even though I have had gout I always look to lifestyle for causes and what I can do naturally for cures. Dr. David Perlmutter has a great book out on how uric acid effects the body and what can be done about it. Book is called " Drop Acid". Irrespective of ones approach to gout its worth understanding the problems excess uric acid causes , how lifestyle and diet contribute, and what can be done.

Comment

I've had a few flareups the last few years. I take allopurinol daily. It provides some relief.

A few days ago I noticed my right foot at my big toe was sore but not severe.

I also noticed my right eye was bothering me. I assumed it was allergies until yesterday. My wife noticed a weird spot in the white of my eye.

I called my eye doctor and they had me come in right away. He took one look and told me that I had episcleritis which is caused by gout. WTH?

I need to find that book elgato posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                What shot?
                                That’s what I do. Just had one yesterday and no pain today

Comment

Working...
                                X