Hunting in this heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray yourself down when you get hot and let the breeze do it’s magic
    ^^^^^^^ YEP, it is just like magic. Doesn't matter if water is room temp or not.

If you want shivers, just take a frozen towel with you to the blind and put that on the back of your neck when you get hot. That will chill you down asap.

Comment

Get one of those Misty Mates. They work wonders in the heat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are some of yall sure you want pics lol

Comment

I did it out in Rock Springs last week. The mornings were good until around 9:30. I sat two Evenings and it knocked the wind out of me. I managed to bring home an Axis doe though. if your going to try and hunt out of a Krivo or similar you had better have some way to cool off.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Are some of yall sure you want pics lol
            Well…..well….yes. I believe we do. Some day soon there will be a Legendary TBH Thread I’m im sure. This would fit right in. I mean after all, nobody will ever see other than us and we’re family. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              I'm starting to make plans for for hunting strategy this year. I looked at my husband and said, I think this year I will be hunting naked. It's too dang hot!

And it would not be the first time I walked to the stand in my bare necessities. I'm also looking at battery powered fans. and ice packs.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
              Highly recommending you check the Thermacel before you get out there.

Comment

I made a redneck ac I use. I also use those cool towels I soak in the cooler. I also have a misting fan.

Comment

I figured some will want to see pics - you will have to wait until opening weekend and I will prove to you how hot I am.

Comment

I only like huntin two things when it's warm. Rattlesnakes and doves. I don't know how it is there but up here things don't move around in the heat. They don't like it any more than we do. Unless they're getting a drink they'll be laying in the shade or bedded down.

Comment

I take a wet shirt with me, and don't put it on until I get in the blind. I'll get straight down to my drawers, and I'm putting the redneck AC back in rotation this year since my son will be trying to get it done with his X-bow this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Here in good ole East Texas we drive around in a truck with cold A/C blowing so no changes for me regardless how hot

Y’all knew that was coming
                        And, it's not nearly as hot at night.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          One of those air conditioned suits doesn't seem like a bad idea...
                          Yeah, like they use in race cars. Has two hoses, that hook up to it, then a ice chest with a water pump in the bottom. Basically a bilge pump, in a ice chest. Then you fill it with ice and water. That would be nice in a ground blind or box blind. If You were in a tree stand, might have to extend the water hoses 15' to 20' depending on how high you are off of the ground. Then put the ice chest at the base of the tree with a battery.

Could be kind of funny, if you forget about the hoses, climb down out of the stand and take off looking for a deer.

Comment

you could get one of those vests you put in the freezer and keep you cool. Or just sweat it out

Comment

The bandana's and hats that are soaked in water help. A lot. Just ordered one of the Mission hats

Comment

Mission hats?

Comment

Working...
                                X