SPYPOINT Flex...anyone running one yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPYPOINT Flex...anyone running one yet?

Just curious if anyone is using the new SPYPOINT Flex yet? If so what are your thoughts? I have had great luck with the Micro LTE S. But the new Flex has some great features.

I can’t believe Spypoint is still in business.

I will bump this up for ya though just in case there’s another TBH’er still using them

Comment

I have never had a problem with my spypoint

Comment

Originally posted by drs View Post
        I have never had a problem with my spypoint
        Me neither. Well we have had I think 2 cameras that had an issue but spypoint quickly replaced them under warranty. We are currently running 11 of the Micro-lte-s cameras on our place.

From what I read is that the in app picture quality is much better on the Flex, and they will automatically switch between cell phone carriers which would be really nice for us as some parts of our place ATT work better and some Verizon works better. We would no longer have to worry about which cameras we could put where.

Comment

I just bought one but not used it yet. I have a micro lite, and a couple of the the units that work with other cameras. Nothing has failed me yet.

Comment

Following! Saw there add on a hunting show this weekend. Need 6 -10 cameras soon.

Comment

You couldn't give me one. My step son keeps buying them and they keep screwing up. Out of 7, we have 2 that are still working but one of those is starting to act weird.

Comment

I bought a couple of the micro when they were on sale at Academy at 2 for 150. I impulse bought them before I started seeing all the negative reviews.

Honestly only been three months but I have had zero issues with them except the night time picture quality isn’t the best. That being said I’m interested in people’s review of the Flex. Hoping the picture quality will be better

Comment

Hahaha! Got one (have 5 older spypoint cameras- terrible CS) and thought give them another shot. The hype should have been improving thru years. WELL!
                  GOT IT, Returned it, got exchanged for 3rd. My issues are even thought features are great...the camera lacking in performance. OK the ligist is use cls 10 u3 SD cards(faster speed). I bought 1st flex and went home test it out. New camera, lithium batteries (only one I use all cameras), 16&32g cls10 u3 scanDisk. I even have external battery pak I use on Browning [this camera has been in field 1yr 7mos same batteries luv this browning 75% battery still]. Anyway, testing Flex in back yard lab running, power on unit....with brand new lithium batteries....it instantly goes to 57% battery life???? OK changed out batteries just in case... retest.... same results. So I take back to store[sometimes bad batch gave then benefits of]. 2nd camera did sane testing, as power on App show needed firmware update, no problem. Let it finish updated OK. HOWEVER, this 2nd camera also show battery life at 47%. Now as hunter I don't feel good about placing this unit Flex out in field with that type battery life shown (lease 4.5 hrs away). Manage to get actual person to return call, so we troubleshoot issue. Nothing worked...now mind you both cameras new right out box. Rep suggested another camera. SO! Returned unit, 3rd camera same testing and with rep on phone. He able see camera connected to servers, test pictures ok....he also noticed 3rd camera with very low battery life from new lithium batteries....his reaction[emoji15]. That shouldn't be... so he escalated to tech department. And this is where I'm at today case open for follow-up. Camera is setting on table in Den. Even connecting the external battery pak...battery life NEVER is about 60% from BRAND NEW BATTERIES..IT.
                  sorry for long winded. Just want fellow outdoorsman to be diligent with this unit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything you need to know is right here. I’m returning mine.

Read the reviews
                    Last edited by Bigcoyote; 08-01-2022, 09:06 AM. Reason: Missing text

Comment

Frustrated as well... We had 3 Micro lites 1 wouldnt work even 20% of the time one had to be replaced twice then it took a dump and one has been flawless. They replaced one w a flex No charge and a discount on the second so we bought a third, could not get any to work and bought 3 micro lite solars ,worked before placing now zippo so we have 2 flex and 3 micro solar all are inop waiting for a call back

Comment

Flex has better picture quality

Comment

Spypoint=Moultrie = Nope

Comment

I know tactacams are better but I'm having more problems with my reveal than I ever had with Spypoint and the camera is hanging in the exact same spot. Hopefully its just a lemon. It also takes 8 hours for a callback from C.S. and they just keep telling me to delete and reinstall the app.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I can’t believe Spypoint is still in business.

I will bump this up for ya though just in case there’s another TBH’er still using them
                              Flat out POS cameras. JUNK

Comment

Working...
                              X