• Show
Clear All

Speckled trout on the beaches yet

Poco don’t post here much anymore but he sure had a good day

Comment

Nice

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumped in the surf in pirates beach this morning @ 6:05 -8:am. Did't find any, had a couple of small blow ups but no takers. Switched to DSL and then Silver spoon w pink skirt. Lots and lots of seaweed, like taking it off every cast. Walked out with a goose egg. Anyone had luck in the surf lately?

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
          Jumped in the surf in pirates beach this morning @ 6:05 -8:am. Did't find any, had a couple of small blow ups but no takers. Switched to DSL and then Silver spoon w pink skirt. Lots and lots of seaweed, like taking it off every cast. Walked out with a goose egg. Anyone had luck in the surf lately?
          Good try!

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
            I’ll be at Taramar tomorrow evening, please remove all of that seaweed for us
            How does the water look other than seaweedy?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              I’ll be at Taramar tomorrow evening, please remove all of that seaweed for us
              How does the water look other than seaweedy?
              Water was pretty sandy. Had some green in it but it didn't look great.

Comment

We came in from offshore this afternoon in Matagorda around 4:30. Water was green to the beach and all up in the river.

Comment

Think I’m gonna make a run and try my luck Tuesday morning.

Comment

Anything to report from the surf?

Comment

Question for you guys that fish the surf down at Port A and North Padre. Which gut do you usually fish? I have always fished the 3rd or 4th gut depending on how high the tide is and what sand bar I can still touch on. But I was talking with a well respected guide that fishes down there and he said he always fishes the 1st gut or sometimes the 2nd and that I am walking past all the fish going to the 3rd or 4th. What y’all say????

Comment

Back when I lived in Freeport and fished the surf all the time, I’d start in the first, and then move to the second or beyond.

Mostly depended where I was fishing. Surfaide or Freeport.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          Question for you guys that fish the surf down at Port A and North Padre. Which gut do you usually fish? I have always fished the 3rd or 4th gut depending on how high the tide is and what sand bar I can still touch on. But I was talking with a well respected guide that fishes down there and he said he always fishes the 1st gut or sometimes the 2nd and that I am walking past all the fish going to the 3rd or 4th. What y’all say????
                          You must be 8’ tall to get to that 4th

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          Back when I lived in Freeport and fished the surf all the time, I’d start in the first, and then move to the second or beyond.

Mostly depended where I was fishing. Surfaide or Freeport.
                          This is pretty much rule of thumb for me but many a time I had started at the 1st then progressed to the 3rd just to take a look behind me to see people wearing them out in the 1st . I’ve waded out then back in and caught Bull reds in the first gut and their fins were shredding the water! Find the bait and that’s where they’ll be- maybe

Comment

I've only spanked them on the 3rd a few times but when that happened it was there or nothing.

I don't know how you'd get to the 4th from the beach without a boat or swimming

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

How long will the trout be on the beach? Last full moon of August or September?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                                How long will the trout be on the beach? Last full moon of August or September?

I’ve spanked em all the way into October. But by the middle of the month I’m hunting so I have no idea after that.

September can be awesome and you can witness massive schools of Redfish cruising the beach front creating chaos for anything in there way. You’ll see them coming so you can get your bait out of the strike zone. Unless you want to get spooled or tied up for 15 minutes.
                                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 08-01-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X