Wyoming Task Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Task Force

Folks we need your help, NR and residents alike.
    Follow the link and comment on the proposals by the Wildlife Task Force.
    They want to set aside 50% of NR licenses for an outfitter draw.
    They also have some stupid recc. for residents that I know most of you do not support or don't care, I understand that.

Most residents are wholly against the outfitter set asides, we like DIY hunters up here actually.

Please take the time to comment with specific info on why you oppose or support any of their "ideas". One member has publicly commented that the vast majority of NR comments are against set asides but the outfitters have sent out mailers and emails asking for NR support of this idea.
    It would be the outfitter special draw with very little left for the DIY hunter draw, regular draw.

Submit comments for the Wyoming Wildlife Taskforce below. Public comment provided to the taskforce for consideration prior to each meeting can be found on the "Meeting Materials" page. Comments received by 5 p.m. MST on November 7, 2022 will be provided to the Taskforce for the November 18, 2022

Done, appreciate the heads up.

Comment

Best of luck. The landowner, outfitter and guide welfare lobby is very strong and they have far to close of a relationship with game and fish agencies. They are very hard to beat back. They make hunting unaffordable to about 80% of big game hunters.

Comment

Tagged

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Submitted

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Done!

Comment

One thing a lot of people up here don't realize is that if this comes to fruition, there will be less private lands to hunt because the outfitters will lease up as much private land as they possibly can.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Done

Comment

Ill do it when i get home from work on my computer where im logged into google.

Comment

I guess WY doesn't care for the non-resident common folk anymore!. And I just bought some points for my kids, I may not be able to afford to use them!

Comment

Wyoming is rapidly trying to push out NRs. Ticks me off bad.

Comment

I went with an outfitter in WY for a black hills whitetail hunt in 2020 and going again this September. This year, i had to apply for a “special” endorsement or preference point or whatever you call it that was $45 more for an area that used to be near 100% draw odds for NR. Even then, the outfitter stated they were not certain i would even draw with the massive amount of applications the last several years.

I got that same email from them telling me to call to support the outfitter allotment. I can certainly see both sides of the story and choose to side with the DIY non resident guys on this one. The outfitters will survive with or without their allotment they are seeking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turning hunting into business just like kids sports.
                          I guess making money is more important than anything else to these types of people.
                          I’ll hit the link for sure

Comment

Submitted

Comment

If Buzz from BHA would stop posting online it would help the effort. He's got half of the internet surfing NR's so mad they'd never help with a WY issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X