URGENT. Anyone in Fort Stockton Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT. Anyone in Fort Stockton Now?

If so, please give me a call. I might need to get my son some mechanic assistance.

Two 8 one 3 8 one 8 nine nine 6

Oh no....
    Lesto!!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Truck is missing and code indicates running too lean. He's cleaning maf now and checking wires. If O2 sensor is the issue he's probably in over his head. Any suggestions welcome.
        Last edited by Casey; 07-11-2022, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

dirty air filter ?

Comment

That's a long way out there. Prayers for some local help.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran fine until he stopped to fill up. Then it started running rough and engine threw a code.

He's cleaned maf, ran couple cans of seafoam, no improvement. Could be plus, coils, sensor, or maybe bad gas.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Sounds like he got some bad gas. If it is a diesel have him drain the inline fuel filter under the tank to get the water out.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      Ran fine until he stopped to fill up. Then it started running rough and engine threw a code.

He's cleaned maf, ran couple cans of seafoam, no improvement. Could be plus, coils, sensor, or maybe bad gas.
                      Bet it’s bad gas. Same thing happened to me a few months ago traveling I10 through west TX.

Comment

I drive a 2015 Silverado, last Month it gave me the same code and the truck would idle rough . It passed after i filled up the next time. So I’m assuming it was bad gas . Hope thats the issue , good luck

Comment

What kind of truck? If Nissan, have him loosen cap and tighten to 1 click only. I believe the directions are on the cap. I had this issue on a Rogue, Frontier and Titan. Sound stupid but that was the cause.

Comment

Sounds like bad gas if it happened right after fill up.

Comment

2003 Ford F150. Sure seems like bad gas. I suggested he try to drive home as I've talked to others that did the same with no I'll effect. Given ozona is the next town and it's 100 miles away he's opting for a hotel and then trying a mechanic in the morning. Not out of the woods but he's safe. We will see what we find in the am.

Comment

Working...
                              X