Selling a vehicle private party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a vehicle private party

Trying to sell my wife's truck. What other avenues have you guys used with success on getting one sold. I have it listed on the 3 forums Im active with, craigslist, and Facebook. Is Autotrader and/or Caru Gurus worth the cost? Going to get shoe polish and write for sale on the back window and park it in town for the weekends next.

Any other ideas?

Carmax or autodirect

Comment

I've had good luck on ebay motors. There is a fee but it was more than worth the cost.

Comment

FB Market place, worked twice for me... better then any other way I tried

Comment

Yep. Fb marketplace.

I prefer it over craigslist because you can check people's profile out before responding to them. Kind of helps weed out the meth heads and some tire kickers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve sold 3 vehicles myself on auto trader. Seems worth it to me.

Comment

car

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
              Trying to sell my wife's truck. What other avenues have you guys used with success on getting one sold. I have it listed on the 3 forums Im active with, craigslist, and Facebook. Is Autotrader and/or Caru Gurus worth the cost? Going to get shoe polish and write for sale on the back window and park it in town for the weekends next.

Any other ideas?
              If you are posting it yourself the most important thing is a good description and really good pictures as well.. I can't express how important good pictures are. Nobody wants to come look at a car with a bunch of junk in it or dirty wheels and floors. I sale old cars all the time, it is a piece of cake. If you are going to pay to sale it, I recommend ebay but again this requires good pics and description. If it sales it cost you like $130 (I think), if not it is free. However, CL and FB both work very well, with CL make sure to nenew the add every few days.

Comment

Make sure you keep the license plates when you sell it!!!

Comment

I’ve sold 2 out of 3 of mine off Craigslist. One was traded in. I spent money on multiple listing sights but never had any leads on them. I personally wouldn’t spend the money again even though it didn’t cost much but that’s just me.
                  Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Run it by CarMax. They will provide you a quote within half an hour that is good for a week. We did this with my wife's car and I was surprised by the amount offered. Sure, we could of held out for a bit more money on the private party market, but the ease of the transaction, our own time and knowing the title work was done properly made it an easy decision.

I'd run over there just to check considering how fast they will produce a quote. Our experience was pressure free and they didn't even care that we had no inclination to buy a car from them.

Comment

Givemethevin.com

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        Givemethevin.com
                        This is a solid route. A buddy just sold his Heep thru it and it was a hassle free process, even with him owing money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          Make sure you keep the license plates when you sell it!!!
                          X2

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I do need to get a good camera and take better pics of the vehicle. That would probably help.

I tried givemethevin, and they gave a decent offer but not quite what I was looking for. May try carmax too just to see if they can get closer to what I need. I like the ebay recommendation.

Comment

I just (last week) got quotes from CarMax and GiveMeTheVIN, they were both good offers compared to KBB value and were within $200 of each other

Comment

Working...
                              X