Thompson Temple lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple lately?

Has anybody hunted with Thompson Temple lately? How was it?

Take a rock, sharp pencil or 22 short. You will kill one. It's not hunting in my opinion but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Same here for me, it's for some people and not for others, I am just not one of those people. The guy is really nice just not my style of hunting. Kinda like hunting livestock again nothing against the guy great guy

Comment

Ttt

Comment

My daughter & I were there during Spring Break and it was great. She took her 1st Animal and I just enjoyed camp plus got an "Ibex Type" No - Tag. It was a challenge and camp & stands were improved.

His prices went up a little but you won't find a cheaper place. Take a look at his site and he has the new prices listed ... this is the 1st time in @ 10 years the price went up and really not by much when you consider the "Big Picture".

Comment

Couple of negatives. Guess they did not venture to the back side of the ranch. All the hunting you want

Comment

Yeah Thompsons is as tough as you want to make it. You can walk out by the cabins and shoot one of those rams or you can work your butt off trying to get on one farther in! We worked our butts off for our rams and we ended up with two bronze medal rams that were no tags. Mine was one point from making silver. We had a great time! Like I said it's all what you make it. Just go and have a good time and post up some pics when you get back!

Comment

Thompsons hasn't changed in 10 years. Always the same. Tame livestock, low end type lodging but it is CHEAP compared to some alternatives.

Comment

I'm going next weekend so I can give you an update when I get back. The wife is going this time so I rented a room in town. I wouldn't mind if we could stay in the A-Frame but that wasn't possible..

Comment

I'd like to know as well

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Just got back yesterday ... The camp area was the same and varies by how the group before you leaves it - 1) Leaves it a Mess or 2) Cleans-Up after themselves. The animals were improved and in better condition. My daughter & I hunted Whitetail does and it was a Challenge .

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                          Just got back yesterday ... The camp area was the same and varies by how the group before you leaves it - 1) Leaves it a Mess or 2) Cleans-Up after themselves. The animals were improved and in better condition. My daughter & I hunted Whitetail does and it was a Challenge .
                          Didn't realize you could hunt the whitetails. How much he charge?

Comment

He has some. Not a lot

Comment

He don't routinely have Doe hunts but I asked and he said he had a few extra on top of the mountain. When I talked to him a few months back, I asked him if he knows anyone in the area offering doe hunts and he said for $ 150 We could give it a try. They aren't the typical doe hunt but a challenge compared to ranches with feeders . He doesn't have any corn feeders due to the ram (Too much corn can actually be toxic and kill a Ram ).

Comment

Working...
                              X