Hacienda Ranch-Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacienda Ranch-Uvalde

We just returned from a weekend of chasing hogs with our good friend, and site sponsor, Ben Brown of Gametamers. We were in Uvalde for the last predator calling contest that is hosted by Brian Doty Outdoors and Oasis Outback. In our spare time we hung out at the Hacienda Ranch, and when it cooled off we hunted the hogs. Ben shot an awesome boar with some big ole cutters and the rest of us got some good ones too. Hopefully he can post his pics. Unfortunately, we had the camera in another blind, so the only video we have is of the recovery.
    Hacienda Ranch is loaded with hogs, but we also saw some great exotics as well. Axis, blackbuck, fallow and others. Check out their website at www.haciendatexas.com
    The ranch house is over 100 years old and is awesome. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on.(Maybe I was really tired, we chased pigs till 4 in the morning!) The food was awesome and Brad and his family were excellent host. I highly recomend them to everyone.

Comment

Hey Brad, thanks for that pic. I called Ben to tell him you beat him to the punch.
      Hey guys you really gotta check this out if you are wanting some hogs. $100 per hog, no kill no pay. this place is loaded!

Comment

Hacienda was a blast, and that does not even include the Hog Hunt! What a place, full of history, arrow heads, etc. The lodging is incredible, especially if you are thinking of taking your spouse, I will next time. Perfect place to introduce your youngster or spouse to hunting.

Brad is awesome, full service guide. I hate to say I'm lazy, but I was on Saturday. Brad did absolutely everything. All I had to do was to aim and shoot. From there on, I didn't touch a thing. Most of you know I'm not lazy, I'll work hard on a hunt, but this was a laid back, hog killing hunt.

Their cleaning facility is top notch too. Heck, if anyone is interested to know more, give me a shout.

BTW, it was right through the heart!

A++++
        Last edited by Hunt NXS; 03-18-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

The Hacienda Ranch and all their staff are top notch. DO IT.

Comment

We just did it again Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Jason should be throwing up some pics soon. Killed some good ones, again.

I think I gained 10 lbs, the food is ridiculous.

Comment

I can't wait to go there, Last weekend in Aug. can not get here fast enough. it is going to be a great time with Kelly G and the rest of the group!!

Comment

It appears this ranch was sold. No website and a google search shows a sold notice for hacienda ranch uvalde. The hog lease search continues

Comment

Web site didn't work for me either.

Comment

Yep, out of service

Comment

Working...
                    X