Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    Thank You!

Do you think a 6 foot tripod could work as well or just stick with the pop up?
    I own 2 aluminum lightweight tripods and I am trying to decide if I should even bring them.
    Most people that i have seen either build a ground blind or use a pop-up. I would bring one just in case. Depending on your pasture, there are places where they can be set up.

Good luck!

Comment

Like Tequilazo said tripods will work in some areas. On the pasture we hunted there were a few places you could have put one up. Lots of areas though there is nothing high enough to have cover.

Comment

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

Comment

Also like already mentioned, brush those blinds in GOOD!! When you think it's good enough, spend another 20 minutes piling brush around it and especially on the top of it. Also don't corn the roads. If they see more corn than what Bo drops when he runs the corn route they will walk around it. Make your shooting window as small as possible, and cut the stuff you use to brush the blind in from behind the blind about 50 yards or so. Don't cut anything near the road or they will notice. If you do all that you will have chances. I saw deer every hunt. You will hear corn crunching and hear them breathing before you ever see them, and it's like they come from nowhere. I had the best hunt of my life last week. It's hard hunting, but if you put the time in on your set ups it's awesome!! Out of the 3 in my group I killed that velvet 8 point and a doe, my son killed a javelina and passed on some does and small bucks, and my buddy killed an 8 point and a javelina. I wanted to kill a javelina too and saw a ton just never connected. They are everywhere.

Comment

Manwitaplan, pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              Thanks all, I appreciate it.
              Listen to what everyone is saying when they say brush it in.....brush, brush, brush and then more brush. These deer are very smart!!

Try to get 15-20 yards off the road, don't walk up the road to your setup....try to come from behind it. If there is one branch out of place,these deer will notice it and avoid it like the plague. Oh and don't use colored tape to mark your stand, they see that too!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                Manwitaplan, pm sent
                When you headed back? I may try to slip off down there in the next few weeks by myself.

Comment

Does anyone have a cell number for Bo? Is so please pm me. I have a few free days and wanted to go down and hunt starting tomorrow, but can't get in touch with him.

Comment

He called me back. Headed down tomorrow for a few days.

Comment

Working...
                    X