LimbDriver Gen 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LimbDriver Gen 7

I recently purchased a new Prime CT5 bow and was looking to make some changes for change sake and switched from a Hamskea MicroTune to the Limbdriver Gen 7. I had the LD Pro V in the past and it was a good rest with no issues.

Fast forward a few months and i went to the Total Archery Challenge in San Antonio. Prior to this, the bow was shooting great and grouping great out to 115 yards (trying to win the truck).

Needless to say, when I got to the TAC and started warming up, my point of aim / point of impact was way off. I was shooting low and to the left. There was no rhyme or reason for it. I check the bow over, no fletching strike, everything was tight. My sight had not been bumped, etc. If the bow is not hanging on my wall in my office, it is in my SKB case. It is well protected.

Talk about frustrated - I am at the TAC and my bow is jacked. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

Fast forward two weeks later. I am so frustrated with the bow that i didnt want to shoot. Yesterday I decide to pull the bow out and try and figure out what is going on. At 20 yards, i am hitting a 8" low and to the right. The amount of drop that my bow is off seems to be growing. I know that the poundage of the bow hasnt changed - not enough to create an 8" drop at 20 yards.

I don't know why i did it but I released the LD rest so that it would come up to see if the arrow was level. It wasn't even close to being level. I pushed it up thinking that I'd at least get it back to level in the berger hole. The rest flexed back up. It is about where it should be now, so I thought perhaps the rest was loose - no. Everthing is tight.

That is odd, everything is tight, but i was able to get the rest back to where it needed to be so i decided to push it back down again. IT FLEXED DOWN!

The rest was actually flexing with hardly any pressure. And when I say flexing, I am actually meaning - BENDING. With a little pressure the rest bends up and down without much effort. I could not believe it.

I ended up taking the bow back to Cinnamon Creek Archery this morning and walked them through the whole story and when I finally showed them the rest they could not beleive that it was moving that much with hardly any pressure. The guys at the shop surmised that there probably wasn't enough metal where the rest mounts to the bow and transitions into the rest.

I am just glad that this didn't happen on an elk hunt.

Like I said, I shot the Pro V for a couple of years and had zero issues with it. Perhaps I had a lemon. Needless to say, I am back to a Hamskea.

The mounting bracket was bending?

Comment

Yes, the mounting bracket was bending. This was the smaller bracket that was designed for the Prime CT5 bow.

I don't know if the standard bracket that the rest comes with has the same issues or not.

Comment

Working...
      X