Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Black Gold Ascent Verdict Assault sight

Looking for real world review of this sight. I am torn between it, Spot Hogg or HHA. Good thing about the Montana sight is 100% USA made and NO questions asked lifetime warranty. Prices are about equal so that isn't a factor.

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
    Looking for real world review of this sight. I am torn between it, Spot Hogg or HHA. Good thing about the Montana sight is 100% USA made and NO questions asked lifetime warranty. Prices are about equal so that isn't a factor.
    All are very good sights but I give the nod to the Spot Hogg and HHA. I like the bigger knob closer to the sight. The bigger knob spreads out the marks so they are easier to see for me. I also like the MRT scope ring better on the Fast Eddie or Tommy Hogg.

All three have 3rd axis and good pins, although I think the Black Gold has a slight advantage in the pin brightness control area that is pretty automatic with the photochromatic plastic they use. I still need a light for indoor targets with either.

My preference highest to lowest:
    Spot Hogg Fast Eddie, three pin with Ruff light and MRT pin guard
    HHA Optimizer Kingpin KP-3519 with Ruff light
    Black Gold Verdict Assault. I don't remember, but I don't think takes a threaded light kit/adapter.

All are well built by great companies and will serve you well.

Comment

Thanks Rat.

Comment

I have a single pin black gold . Not sure of the name right off hand but it has the light adapter.. it's the first single pin I've owned and I'm sold.. the 3 and 5 pin were too bright in low light situations . Having 3 pins glowing made my target fuzzy

Comment

Working...
        X