Arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help

Just got the new RX-3, which was an upgrade from my spyder. With that I’m ditching the old Easton da torch I shot foreverthat weight 385gr ready to hunt. I want a little more weight. I have the Easton axis 5mm 340 match grade arrows cut down to 27 1/4 in. I went with the nock on wraps, and a 4 fletch with the max stealth vanes on a 1 degree right offset, I also ordered the Easton brass inserts for more FOC. My question is should I go with the 50gr, or 75gr insert. I feel like I’m right on the edge of the spine capabilities if I go to 75gr. Bow is at 28.5 inch draw pulling 67lbs shooting 100gr broadheads, and nocturnals light nocks, total arrow weight is 505gr with the 75gr inserts. Wanting some opinion before I glue the inserts. I have never played with having more weight forward.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Kevin7243; 04-22-2019, 10:38 PM.

You could go with the 340 or 300. The nockon arrow chart says either 50 or 75 gr will work out of your setup. Glue a couple in and see if they tune, if they don’t either do the rest in 50 gr or get 300 spine

Also depends what your going to be hunting/how far away your wanting to shoot. This arrow with either insert is better than what you had and you will be able to see a increase in performance. Now it’s just preference, imo you won’t be able to tell a difference on animals with either insert

Comment

Why not go with the 50 gr. insert and try 100 gr. and 125 gr. broadheads? You will be able to have the same FOC as the 75 gr. insert with the 125 gr. BH's, but if it is too much, you can go back to the 100 gr. BH's

Comment

I can run them through a ballistic program when I get home tonight, but just looking at the chart, the 340 is right on the line with 75 gr insert. Recommendation is to go stiffer when on the line, but only experimenting will show if you need to.

TxBowHntr's recommendation makes good sense, build one with 50 gr and use two different heads to check which one flies better.

Every combination is different, but it's been my experience that you could go with the 75 gr insert and be fine.

Comment

What grain would y’all recommend for a 60lb Hoyt Powermax

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
            Why not go with the 50 gr. insert and try 100 gr. and 125 gr. broadheads? You will be able to have the same FOC as the 75 gr. insert with the 125 gr. BH's, but if it is too much, you can go back to the 100 gr. BH's
            I would try this, but I already have ALOT! Of 100 gr. Broad heads of every kind you could want. Really don’t wanna buy all new

Comment

I'm shooting velocity 300 with 50 grain inserts. 28 inch arrow 100 gr broad head. Comes to 465 grains with right around 13% foc. Previous bow I was at 390 grains.. there's a sweet spot between speed and weight..
              Build you a couple of each and see if it makes any difference with tuning or trajectory..

Comment

OP 300’s will be a better fit for you adding the insert weight you are talking about. Should set up fine with your arrow length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X