I don't understand so many small restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand so many small restaurants

Still are not allowing dine in. Chains, mom and pops I just don't understand. We are up to 50% capacity allowed but they still remain take out or pick up only. Why not allow people that don't want to eat in their car or truck to dine in. I just don't get it. Maybe some small business owners can shed some light on this.

I am with you. I have decided that if they don't want my business I won't give it to them. I am tired of to go food and I don't want to eat in my car. The places that are open get our business.

Comment

It costs more money to have customers dine in than it does take out. 25-50% occupancy isn’t making much money for a restaurant.

Comment

A lot of the smaller places can't break even at reduced capacity. I don't blame them one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          It costs more money to have customers dine in than it does take out. 25-50% occupancy isn’t making much money for a restaurant.
          shhhh

dont make any sense here. Or maybe cents

Comment

I'm a restaurant owner and I'm open....come on over and grab a bite.

As far as why they don't open.... I would guess they are running with skeleton crews right now trying to make payroll. To open the dining area would mean hiring more help back and might be counter-productive at a reduced capacity.

Personally, as soon as they said I could open with 25% capacity I opened.

Comment

A lot of places can't get their employees to agree to come back to work. Most are on unemployment making a lot more than they would if they came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've been out to eat several times when both the 25% & 50% capacity guidelines were out in place. Every time the restaurant had far fewer customers than the 25% or 50%. Just because we're comfortable going out to eat, there are just as many or more that aren't. Their overhead is much lower when only offering takeout or delivery, so it doesn't make sense to open up dining if they're going to lose money.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  A lot of places can't get their employees to agree to come back to work. Most are on unemployment making a lot more than they would if they came back.

If they offer their job back to them and they don’t take it the employer can file and stop their benefits.

Comment

Several friends here would love to open their restaurants back up, but can't get their servers and staff to come back. They are making almost double wages on unemployment, and have told them they will only come back when that runs out. NOT!!!

Comment

For those that don't come back, they are suppose to be reported to the work force commission. They are no longer eligible for unemployment since they have now quit their job.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post

And this is why we still do to-go runs and not be so **** petty. If the food and service is good we still order no matter where we eat it.

Comment

Regarding the smaller places around my area, they are not opening under the reduced capacity due to not being profitable. We have a couple of places that we frequent each week, one Mexican and one American. Both are smaller places and under the 50% rule, they only have 8-10 tables. Fantastic food but they are just not able to be profitable opening up with reduced seating. I understand it completely.

Even our 3 Whataburger locations are drive thru only in our area.

Have some patience, a lot of you guys don't understand how good we have it here in Texas. I have customers up North that still can't leave their homes, aside from 1 adult going to the grocery store.

Comment

Yep....cost too much money and hard to find employees. Our favorite Korean Restaurant owner said he is having trouble and is only able to stay afloat with Carryout/curbside right now.

Another victim of big government/big media.

Comment

It’s the opposite in our area. The big chains are still not allowing dine in but the small local places are doing dine in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X