seedbed prep prices for acreage ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seedbed prep prices for acreage ...

What is the typical price per acre for getting someone to seedbed prep for native grass for wildlife? Black dirt, some is bare, some is needing current grass removed, total of 15+ acres.

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    What is the typical price per acre for getting someone to seedbed prep for native grass for wildlife? Black dirt, some is bare, some is needing current grass removed, total of 15+ acres.
    ttt

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
      ttt

Comment

Acreage is kinda small, but I'm guessing you need herbicide sprayed first($7/ac plus chemicals), then discing($15/ac)?

This should give you an idea based on your area. On that small an area, probably will have an equipment hauling fee.
        Last edited by BrianL; 03-04-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Its tough to give you an estimate on seed bed prep. I replanted 90 acres in native grass after root plowing mesquites. The native grass seeds are really small. You do not want to plant on a dirt clod mess. I ran a disc over my pasture 3-4 times and dragged a heavy homemade drag to smooth it out and firm up the seed bed. I planted mine with a brillion seeder.

How are you planning on planting it?

Comment

A lot of CRP ground is shredded low and then use a no-till drill...

Comment

Its on a 35 ac plot but everything besides the 15 ac stated prior is wooded or creekbed.
              The 15 ac I need replanted is an 8 ac field on the front that is a mix of bermuda and Johnson grass, the other is apx 7.5 ac that I just cleared of thick cedars and brush so it is bare right now other than the brush piles to be burned.
              I qualified for an EQIP program(USDA) and this is what they come up with.
              They recommended a good seed bed and to replant native grass in a February time, probably next Feb. Was hoping to prep it all this year so it will be ready then.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                Its tough to give you an estimate on seed bed prep. I replanted 90 acres in native grass after root plowing mesquites. The native grass seeds are really small. You do not want to plant on a dirt clod mess. I ran a disc over my pasture 3-4 times and dragged a heavy homemade drag to smooth it out and firm up the seed bed. I planted mine with a brillion seeder.

How are you planning on planting it?
                yeah. they're recommending the Brillion seeder. Supposedly they have one to loan/rent out.

Comment

Working...
                X