No announcement yet.

Trump extends social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone need a job, THR (Harris) and JPS are both hiring ER and ICU nurses. This is in Fort Worth area.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Wasn’t 200k the worst case scenario?
      No I believe his expert’s said about 200k +/- 50k

“” The revamped timeline came on the same day a federal infectious disease official issued an ominous warning as New York state approached 1,000 deaths and U.S. fatalities from the coronavirus pandemic climbed above 2,400.

The U.S. death total has doubled in two days. Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has been a leading voice in the effort to curb the outbreak, says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, citing "extensive community transmission" of COVID-19 in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, late Saturday urged residents to refrain from non-essential travel for 14 days effective immediately. The advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries such as trucking, public health professionals, financial services and food supply.””

Plus every European projection
      One of the lead members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force is predicting millions of infections. Spain has set another grim daily record for the number deaths. Follow DW for the latest.

During Sunday’s White House briefing, President Trump said federal guidance urging social distancing will stay in place through April 30. He backed off of his hope that the country will be “opened up” by Easter Sunday, saying that deaths due to the coronavirus will likely peak in two weeks. ”Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory is won," he said.
      Meanwhile, confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide passed 700,000 on Sunday, as countries warned the virus could disrupt lives for months, if not years.
      Here are some significant developments:
      Earlier in the day Anthony S. Fauci said the United States could record 100,000 to 200,000 deaths and millions of infections, according to current but rapidly evolving projections. And Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House task force, offered a grim assessment: “No state, no metro area, will be spared.”
      New York eclipsed 1,000 confirmed deaths related to the novel coronavirus, the state said on Sunday. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) commented earlier in the day that he believes his state’s death toll would eventually reach the “thousands.”
      In New York City, workers spent the weekend constructing an emergency field hospital in Central Park.
      Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D) warned that his state’s health system is at risk of being overwhelmed with patients in a matter of days.
      Italy reported a slight decline in deaths on Sunday, with 756 dead in the past 24 hours, raising the country’s total to 10,799. War-ravaged Syria reported its first death. There are more than 33,000 covid-related fatalities worldwide.
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-29-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
        So I guess school closures are extended with this decree as well?
        Schools are probably done sucks for the seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          I agree. Little Methodist church in Normangee we always attend for Easter will still get our tithes. We will just have a little family gathering at the farm.
          fixed it for you

Comment

Heard an interesting take from a friend who is an ER Dr here. He says talking with other ER docs in San Antonio and Dallas their traffic has already decreased from a “peak”. He says he is about ready to see some rollback on restrictions to see what happens. The whole point was to not overload hospitals and he says we have been far from that other than some exceptions like nyc where people are in tight quarters with generally poorer health

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
              Dow @ 16k by Wednesday. Any bets?
              Dumb

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                Dow @ 16k by Wednesday. Any bets?
                Got anything cool to put up on it?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  So I guess school closures are extended with this decree as well?

Probably. Just received a message from our superintendent that they were hopeful to possibly start back the day after Easter but with this new announcement it will prolly be a few weeks after that. IMO if the projected start time gets to far into May, even if they could start up they would prolly just be better off not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Heard an interesting take from a friend who is an ER Dr here. He says talking with other ER docs in San Antonio and Dallas their traffic has already decreased from a “peak”. He says he is about ready to see some rollback on restrictions to see what happens. The whole point was to not overload hospitals and he says we have been far from that other than some exceptions like nyc where people are in tight quarters with generally poorer health
                    We are a week behind. That's probably due to traffic going zero and people staying at home. If they aren't seeing people, it means the restrictions are working. it would be stupid to unroll them this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                      We are a week behind. That's probably due to traffic going zero and people staying at home. If they aren't seeing people, it means the restrictions are working. it would be stupid to unroll them this soon.
                      Yea they are very sure it’s been working. It won’t disappear from the measures but let’s be real our traffic is nowhere close to zero and if they aren’t overwhelmed it’s probably worth unrolling a bit for the state of the country. Death rate is coming lower than expected and test aren’t confirmed for most that have it “supposedly” because not all can be tested so sent to quarantine at home. That would make the rate even lower.

This is coming from a Dr taking it serious enough to be living in a camper alone in front of his house

Comment

This is coming from a Dr taking it serious enough to be living in a camper alone in front of his house“. Does he live in Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          My daughter works in one of the Patients ER Clinics in the Houston area. She is reporting the same thing on patient load. They are being told this is the flat lining stage but expect it to start rising again in the near future to another peak level.

Comment

100k to 200k I figured the odds are in my favor. 2.3 million not so sure.I might have to double check the documents and make sure the wife has full understanding. Reviewed them last year but it would not hurt to double check.

Comment

I'm good with staying out of circulation for a while longer. You really don't ever recover from pneumonia. The scarring in the lungs is forever. Even if you survive this one, your health may be ruined and your quality of life will suffer. I spent about a half hour reading on the Spanish flu, last night. Death in two to three days for it. I'm reading the same for some people with Covid 19. Take a vacation. Your life is at stake.

Comment

Someone help me to understand. Have ventured out a couple of times where I had to stand in line to pay for something. I tried standing the requisite 6 feet behind the person in front of me only to have people jump in line in front of me. I asked them to go to the end of the line and they looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned social distancing. One guy actually asked me what I meant by social distancing. My question is are there people who actually do live under a rock? How disconnected from current events can you possibly be?

Comment

Working...
                                X