Your Take on Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Take on Average

Wife and I got into a discussion about "average." I feel like calling someone average is saying subpart. What's your take?

Edit your post and make sure the spelling is correct. You are average at best at spelling. LOL. Just messing with you.

Comment

All about context

I am for my bad cholesterol to be about average

My hair loss to be below average

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
        All about context

I am for my bad cholesterol to be about average

My hair loss to be below average
        I am well above average in the hair loss department. I’m well below average in the hair keeping department.

Comment

If we say someone is "average" in my career, you can adequately and effectively do your job. You can be trusted to do the job with little or minimal supervision. We call average people a denominator and I don't say that to be demeaning. Some people just want to do their job, earn a paycheck, and go home and that is okay. Some people want to be the top guy/#1, aka a numerator.

Comment

I think, in most contexts, “average” would mean mediocre, ordinary, usual, unexceptional, etc. I suppose it’s the way I was raised, but, in my world, mediocrity is to be avoided at all costs. No exceptions, no excuses.

I’m still working on it.

Comment

I guess I don't understand the question. Average is the same as ordinary. Is that what you're asking? Are we trying to think of synonyms for the word average?

Average is......pretty much every person I know. Which makes sense because they're.....your average people.
              Last edited by okrattler; 02-26-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Depends on a lot of things and can go quite deep.

Comment

To me, average means not exceptional. Not like median where half are above and half are below.

Comment

However, an average person in a gifted/talented collection of people can be quite different than an average person in a collection of average people . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      Wife and I got into a discussion about "average." I feel like calling someone average is saying subpart. What's your take?
                      Are either of you two reading that dumb butt book about average where the author began with the story about the fighter cockpit? Depends on what particular you are comparing.

Comment

Average is not a negative term - for example - “ i like average size knockers”. Not saying anything wrong with below average or well above average - like them all just prefer average

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Average is not a negative term - for example - “ i like average size knockers”. Not saying anything wrong with below average or well above average - like them all just prefer average
                          That sums it up. Well said

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            It may vary from person to person. Personally I think store bought is the way to go.

Sometimes being unique,special,above average can be achieved. It just takes a little money.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 02-27-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

My favorite “average” quote is “take the average dumbarse you know. Now realize that half the dumbarses are dumber than that.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X