All our trail cams gonna quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see if trail cameras continue to transmit over the next few days. I’ve read-up on it a bit but conclusions were unclear. Sounds like Alkaline batteries will struggle in the single digits due to the fact that they contain a water based electrolyte. Lithium batteries perform better in the cold but I read power is reduced by 50% when it gets this cold. Don’t know if either will be ruined by the cold or if they’ll be fine once it warms up.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    It will be interesting to see if trail cameras continue to transmit over the next few days. I’ve read-up on it a bit but conclusions were unclear. Sounds like Alkaline batteries will struggle in the single digits due to the fact that they contain a water based electrolyte. Lithium batteries perform better in the cold but I read power is reduced by 50% when it gets this cold. Don’t know if either will be ruined by the cold or if they’ll be fine once it warms up.
    If your batteries are in decent shape you will be fine. It has been below zero here at night.....and during the day some as well for the last week or so. My Browning Command Ops (not the top of the line Browning camera) have been running fine. These cameras run on 6 AAs. The off/on switch was a little hard to operate at zero degrees yesterday afternoon, but the camera had taken 60 pictures in two days over my little feeding area.

Watch this video from yesterday:

Comment

My batteries are fine or thy seem fine....but my camera lens and sensors at my deer lease are iced over so no transmissions anyway unless I call for a pic....and even then, well it's a pic of a dark gray wavy lens. Probably won't thaw until next Friday.

Transmitted called for pic..

Lease pics

Last edited by Smart; 02-14-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Just got this one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Spypoint is working good but there hasn’t been much ice in Hunt Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine doesn't look so good...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              If your batteries are in decent shape you will be fine. It has been below zero here at night.....and during the day some as well for the last week or so. My Browning Command Ops (not the top of the line Browning camera) have been running fine. These cameras run on 6 AAs. The off/on switch was a little hard to operate at zero degrees yesterday afternoon, but the camera had taken 60 pictures in two days over my little feeding area.

Watch this video from yesterday:

https://youtu.be/gqlep1GA9P4
              Thanks for the video Mike. Truly amazing place y’all have

Comment

I haven’t received a pic in two days from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  Just got this one.
                  Did Rhonda the ghost trigger that one ? lol

Comment

I’m hoping this wind keeps the snow from covering the lenses. Getting cool snow pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Did Rhonda the ghost trigger that one ? lol
                      Who knows?
                      Always something strange going on!

Comment

I’ve got a 12v still working hope it continues... fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          My batteries are fine or thy seem fine....but my camera lens and sensors at my deer lease are iced over so no transmissions anyway unless I call for a pic....and even then, well it's a pic of a dark gray wavy lens. Probably won't thaw until next Friday.

Transmitted called for pic..

Lease pics

Holy jesus, that is beautiful terrain, my man.

Comment

Deer season is over. Mine are in the trailer. But man there are gonna be some awesome pictures from this weather! Cool pictures, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              Deer season is over. Mine are in the trailer. But man there are gonna be some awesome pictures from this weather! Cool pictures, Jason!
                              I pulled all mine about a month ago. I’ll be putting them out in the spring again. I’m glad I did but agree that there will be some really cool pictures in this weather!

Comment

Working...
                              X