Deer lease price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease price increase

I guess lease prices are rising along with everything else. Got the lease agreement from the property manager today, 41% price increase. I figured it was going to happen. Just didn’t expect that much at once. Hadn’t had a price increase in 7 or 8 years.

I’d expect some will increase but at the end of the day it’s only worth what someone will pay and everything has a limit.

Comment

Ours goes up every year, fortunately it’s still cheap considering what some charge. I left one after 18 years due to price increases and other reasons. I might have stayed but the money pushed me over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by JA23 View Post
        I guess lease prices are rising along with everything else. Got the lease agreement from the property manager today, 41% price increase. I figured it was going to happen. Just didn’t expect that much at once. Hadn’t had a price increase in 7 or 8 years.
        Our you could look at it as 41% increase over a 7-8 year period. Roughly 5% per year.

Comment

Seeing everyone’s tax increases this year I’m not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Land prices have increased so lease fees should increase a like percentage.

Comment

I’m still not complaining about what I’m paying! Have a small number of hunters on a nice chunk of land. Zero problems with the land manager and no rules other than following the hunting regulations. Probably half the cost of anything near me. And it pushed two of the 5 guys on the lease that never put in any work or feed to leave. And I already filled their spots within an hour, with two close lifelong friends.

Comment

I would gladly pay an increase after getting off a Mills county lease after 10 years.
                I gave up my spot to take care of my mom after a broken hip and dementia last year!
                Got to pay to play!

Comment

Our timber company sold, and the fees went up almost $200 per member. Luckily, we’re still on the lower side for leases, so it didn’t hurt too much.

Comment

I’ve got a ten year lease in KS with 7 yrs left. Probably won’t be able to afford it when it comes up next.

Comment

41% over 8 years is about right. You will most likely not get another increase for a few years so consider that too.

Comment

No , 41% in one year ain’t right. It’s pure bs. Yeah it’s right for the landowner, but not us. What he don’t consider is the fact that WE have bills too, inflation has hit us too, not ONLY him.

Comment

Been on a lease in Mills county about 8 years. Only one increase the second year. Just waiting for another one.

Comment

If there was no increase in 7-8 years maybe he’s just playing catch up to market pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              No , 41% in one year ain’t right. It’s pure bs. Yeah it’s right for the landowner, but not us. What he don’t consider is the fact that WE have bills too, inflation has hit us too, not ONLY him.
                              Whip out the check book and buy some land then

Comment

Working...
                              X