sharpeners ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharpeners ...

Anyone ever used this equipment from WorkSharp, per the Ranch Fairy recommendations? If they ever get an actual broadhead clamp for it, I'm thinking of getting one.

The Work Sharp® Precision Adjust Knife Sharpener™ is an angle guided, 3-sided abrasive jig-and-clamp style sharpener that makes manual sharpening faster, easier and more precise than ever.

I have one and it does work well, to me it was worth the coin.

Comment

I was looking into a single bevel broadhead thw other day.
      One of the manufacturers had a how to sharpen video and they used the KME Broadbead Sharpener and sandpaper. I was looking at them today and they have a couple of kits.
      Anyone use one a d which type of stone is best?

Here's a link to it

One of the kits is 3X the cost of the one the OP listed

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I was looking into a single bevel broadhead thw other day.
        One of the manufacturers had a how to sharpen video and they used the KME Broadbead Sharpener and sandpaper. I was looking at them today and they have a couple of kits.
        Anyone use one a d which type of stone is best?

Here's a link to it

One of the kits is 3X the cost of the one the OP listed

interesting.

Comment

I have the worksharp precision elite and several stay sharp jigs. For me, the work sharp is better. Consistently get hair shaving sharpness, plus I can keep the kitchen knives up to snuff with one piece of equipment.

Not a knock on stay sharp at all, the work sharp just worked better for me. Probably a pressure thing.

Comment

I use the kme system. In the past i used stay sharp sharpening jigs and sandpaper. When I bought the kme, I bought their diamond stones to go with it. They are a very big upgrade. They remove material so much better and they don't get dull like sandpaper does.

Comment

They just released a new version that looks pretty nice too

Comment

When it comes to sharpeners for broadheads, the stay sharp is doable… but the work sharp definitely produces a better edge.

I am actually moving away from single bevel broadheads after 4 years using them. My blood trails just haven’t been traceable. 2 of the 3 deer died within sight, but another left only 2 drops of blood within 500 yards of impact.. never recovered him, and he would have been my largest buck so far. Even with a completely bloody arrow, he just didn’t drop blood.

Jumping to knives for a second… if I could ever afford a wicked edge sharpener, I would snag one in a heartbeat. Those things are insanely good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got the KME jig and have used the sandpaper also, but I'm thinking about trying it on some of my Arkansas stones. I also have the work sharp that the OP posted, haven't tried my broadheads on it yet, but i did remove a decent size chip in the blade of my favorite Benchmade Osborne, it took most of an afternoon, but did return my favorite knife to service.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
                    I've got the KME jig and have used the sandpaper also, but I'm thinking about trying it on some of my Arkansas stones. I also have the work sharp that the OP posted, haven't tried my broadheads on it yet, but i did remove a decent size chip in the blade of my favorite Benchmade Osborne, it took most of an afternoon, but did return my favorite knife to service.
                    We have one of these, it is an attachment for the Ken onion electric sharpener. I reworked 3 blades that had big Knicks in them in about 30 mins. Wish I would have taken before and after pictures.

The Work Sharp® Elite Knife Sharpening Solution is the all-in-one electric sharpening solution for professional sharpening of knives, tools, and anything with an edge.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

They have a new version of that... that includes a holder for "pen knife blades".... so would probably be the ticket for broadhead blades. I have a broadhead sharpening problem... a couple of StaySharp jigs, diamond plates, water stones, lansky, sharpening rods..... and I'm considering getting the new precision model from worksharp

Comment

I bought that same one for sharpening knives and I love it. Before I bought that sharpening set, I was using the same Japanese water stones that I use for sharpening my wood turning tools. That can be time consuming and leaves more room for error. The sharpening set in question is pretty much fool proof.

The first blade I sharpened with it was a custom skinning knife that my buddy gave me. The bladesmith left it dull, I assume so that I could put whatever angle I wanted on the blade. I was able to take a blade that would barely cut butter and get it sharp enough to shave with in almost no time with very minimal effort.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          When it comes to sharpeners for broadheads, the stay sharp is doable… but the work sharp definitely produces a better edge.

I am actually moving away from single bevel broadheads after 4 years using them. My blood trails just haven’t been traceable. 2 of the 3 deer died within sight, but another left only 2 drops of blood within 500 yards of impact.. never recovered him, and he would have been my largest buck so far. Even with a completely bloody arrow, he just didn’t drop blood.

Jumping to knives for a second… if I could ever afford a wicked edge sharpener, I would snag one in a heartbeat. Those things are insanely good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My single bevel blood trail experience was exactly the same. I had to stop using them. I am color blind and very dependent on a good blood trail or watching them fall. I am very conservative on shoot distance for this reason. I also tend to hunt small properties and I need them to not cross the fence.

Comment

Thinking of getting one for my hunting and kitchen knives. I use 3-blade broadheads so a regular whetstone works fine for me for that purpose, but the Worksharp takes all the guesswork out for the angle on knives themselves.

Comment

Working...
                            X