New Wrist Release Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wrist Release Recommendation

I'm looking for recommendations on a new wrist release. For years I've been using a Truball wrist release similar to what is seen in the attachment. I like the fact that the wrist strap and the release portion are connected by something flexible as opposed to a "rod" or "bar" like similar releases.

This release has treated me well but it seems to eat D-loops pretty quickly. I've heard that the "hook" style wrist releases prolong the life of your D-loop, so I figured I might give one a try. What say you?
    Attached Files

If you like it, there’s probably a small burr somewhere. Maybe try using very fine wet/dry sandpaper and polishing the jaws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got a Tru ball execution release and really
      like it.Lots of adjustment on it.

Comment

I really like my Tru Ball short n sweet’r wrist release.
        Attached Files

Comment

Shot the Scott Lil Goose for years but got me a Carter Like Mike II a couple of months back and LOVE it!

Comment

Spot Hogg Wise Guy might work for you

Comment

I ended up picking the Truball Execution. I like the hook style attachment and the trigger is light and crisp. Shooting pretty good so far.

Comment

The Carter Like Mike 2 is the best I've ever used. The trigger has zero creep, and it's adjustable. I like it set on the heavy side so I can get a slow consistent pull with my back/shoulder. Too many are just hair triggers.

Comment

Several good choices out there:

Carter Like Mike 1 / 2
                  Carter Quickie
                  Spott Hogg Wise Guy
                  Scott Verge
                  Scott Echo
                  Scott Ghost

I haven't shot with a wrist rocket in probably 12 years but those listed are exactly the type you're talking about and made by quality brands.

Comment

I'm using the Cobra Archery 'Moment' currently and have no complaints. It has a rigid connection between the wrist loop and mechanism, which I prefer, but it flips back out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      The Carter Like Mike 2 is the best I've ever used. The trigger has zero creep, and it's adjustable. I like it set on the heavy side so I can get a slow consistent pull with my back/shoulder. Too many are just hair triggers.
                      +1.

I have 2 of the exact same release. Only difference is I switched out the factory strap for a boa.

For adjustability theres a few new releases that are similar to the Like Mike 2, but a little cheaper like the Stan Solex. I've also heard good things about the Trufire Exert.

Light triggers gave me a nice case of target panic years back and the Like Mike was the cure for that.

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
                        Shot the Scott Lil Goose for years but got me a Carter Like Mike II a couple of months back and LOVE it!
                        Same for me. Only been shooting the Like Mike ll for a month but I like. Won the TFAA 900 and 3D tournaments last weekend with it.

Comment

Another vote for a Like Mike, ordered a backup last Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                          X