27 Nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 Nosler

This one looks interesting, it would fill a niche in my lineup. I wonder what bullet selection will look like for it. I wonder if APR can make me one! What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
    This one looks interesting, it would fill a niche in my lineup. I wonder what bullet selection will look like for it. I wonder if APR can make me one! What do you guys think?
    seems like splitting hairs to me but glad it works for you.

Comment

I will own one at some point. If it will push the 150 gr pills at 3300 fps as advertised it will be a hammer. There is a decent selection of hunting bullets in 150 gr not much in the way of match bullets though. Always liked the .270 so if I can get a big brother to it and shoot the same pills that would be awesome. And give me a little more gas than the 7 mag.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m holding out for the 29 Nosler

Comment

.277 bullets don’t have the greatest ballistic coefficient. IMO there are much better choices already available than a super duper 270.

Comment

Yeah, that’s my concern too about bullet selection.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              seems like splitting hairs to me but glad it works for you.
              Splitting hairs is how I’d describe it as well. 150 at 3300 would be a hammer but with the 28 chunking 180’s at 3200 I’m not sure why anyone would need the 27. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Nosler is releasing a 165 gr ABLR to go with the 170 gr Berger

Comment

Also, after seeing this comparison in the .264 caliber I'm kind of stunned.
                  143 gr. pills
                  26 Nosler - 3,200 fps on > 80 gr. of powder
                  6.5 PRC - 3000(+) on < 60 gr. of powder
                  That's a 6% velocity gain on over 30% more powder.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    Also, after seeing this comparison in the .264 caliber I'm kind of stunned.
                    143 gr. pills
                    26 Nosler - 3,200 fps on > 80 gr. of powder
                    6.5 PRC - 3000(+) on < 60 gr. of powder
                    That's a 6% velocity gain on over 30% more powder.
                    Definitely not apples to apples. It’s all physics

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      I will own one at some point. If it will push the 150 gr pills at 3300 fps as advertised it will be a hammer. There is a decent selection of hunting bullets in 150 gr not much in the way of match bullets though. Always liked the .270 so if I can get a big brother to it and shoot the same pills that would be awesome. And give me a little more gas than the 7 mag.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                      I had APR build me a 26 Nosler. 26" barrel and it was shooting 140gr Accubonds at 3586fps on a 5 shot average. Take it for what's it's worth. I'd take that little 140gr over a 150 and get almost 300 feet faster with a higher B.C. out of the 140gr.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Indeed, but also that much more overbore and poking .264 holes vs .277.

I was looking at the 270 WSM but don’t care as much about short action for this; I’m really thinking about it vs 280AI.

Comment

Looks like Nosler is going to come out with a 165 gr Accubond Long Range bullet for it. That may make a little more sense for that cartridge.

Comment

27 Nosler

Just think they like beating weatherby. Next up will be a 6.8-378 wby mag

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                              Definitely not apples to apples. It’s all physics
                              Just not the simple physics that would assume relatively close efficiency in terms of turning powder into velocity. It surprised me for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X